**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Getting openvpn to work on s3

utternyutterny FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
Has anyone else ever got openvpn to work on the s3? I want to connect to my business network and like to keep things as standard as possible. Any other vpn installed.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten VPN's only to work with respective Profiles being installed.
  • utternyutterny FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 0
    I get this message.. I am running 4.4.2 looks like a similar error with another VPN.

@utterny‌ Is this a BYOD device or a FreedomPop one? I want to know simply so if there is a fix to the respective ROM I can let you know :-)
    Ali, it is a freedompop phone. Purchased about a month ago. I tried another VPN program and got a similar message.
    @utterny‌ It looks like you can't install a custom ROM to it because that would void the warranty :\

Are you able to upgrade to Android 4.4.4?
    @Ali‌ , the phone in the setup area says the firmware and such is up to date. I did not try any other methods to upgrade to 4.4.4..
  • RossfuzRossfuz FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    I wish someone would explain why we can't use a vpn.I wanna sign up to Freedompop vpn but no one wants to help me. .pretty please
  • weanutweanut FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    @Rossfuz yes i would like to have a vpn too for when i'm out & about & on wifi, which i am hesitant to use. i have read that the free ones are not good unfortunately, so i might be willing to pay for it(coming from me, hahaha...). any thoughts anyone?