Why does freedompop say my iphone4 cant be activated?

Reuben CastaiReuben Castai Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
this is the IMEI number: A10000255A4228

Sprint says the phone is clean, theres no ESN block. But freedompop rejects it why?

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Reuben Castai
    Only 16GB versions of the iPhone 4/4S are currently supported. What size memory do you have?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reuben Castai‌ I see you have an iPhone 4 8GB in White. Unfortunately, you are not able to use your device for the following reasons-

- This is an 8GB iPhone 4
    - This iPhone 4 is a Verizon iPhone 4 and will not work with FreedomPop

If you would like to use your device, consider getting a WiFi hotspot and use our VoIP app for calls and texts. Otherwise, consider purchasing a phone directly from us.

Good luck :-)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reuben Castai

took a peek at your esn/meid--just to confirm I got the same thing....

It says you have a Verizon Iphone 4

Can you verify? if this is the case...It also needs to be a sprint...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ I checked against 6 databases... he has a white iPhone 4 8GB on Verizon Wireless Model number A1387.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, just confirming....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

These would be perfect for your iphone....

LTE devices....freedompop has

Mifi 500 Lte is going to run you 139$

Mifi 500 LTE https://www.freedompop.com/devices/freedom-spot-lte

Sierra Wireless 803s going to run you around 40$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833409004

Okay everyone, I am indeed confirming this is an iPhone 4 from Sprint. Apparently Verizon has it in their database as well... this is kinda funny.

270113181305915176 is the ESN DEC you may want to use, however I don't think it will go through since you have an 8GB device.
    For now, you can use one of the WiFi hotspots that FP sells, or soon once FP comes out with its fixed WiFi service everyone can benefit :)

These would be perfect for your iphone....

LTE devices....freedompop has

Mifi 500 Lte is going to run you 139$

Mifi 500 LTE https://www.freedompop.com/devices/freedom-spot-lte

Sierra Wireless 803s going to run you around 40$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833409004

the above are the best we have....and should get you by till maybe you find a new phone, or freedompop allows a 8gb

• Reuben CastaiReuben Castai Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    yea I got that verizon thing too, but its been activated on sprint for two years. I also activated a 32gb iphone a few days ago and they told me I shouldnt have been able to do that.

Why does this phone only have a MEID that starts with a letter? The IMEI and meid on my other iphones start with 99.
    @Reuben Castai‌ Your other devices have an MEID that starts with a 9 because they also have an IMEI number. The BYOD system is a bit whack, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I would try to see if you can get ahold of development and they could potentially add it to the database here. Good luck :-)
    @Reuben Castai

Yea swappa's been acting strange lately...I have looked up a few phones that all showed Verizon....and found out later it was a sprint Iphone..

The 32gbs are hit and miss.....People that get lucky and activate them, tend to have the dreaded (NOT REGISTERED) allot....But a simple reset usually fixes it pretty quick.

I think you can use both when activating(MEID and IMEI)...Not 100% sure....Most people use the meid when activating

The letter might be what is confusing swappa....I think most Verizon iphones start with a letter--the ones I have seen are A...

Did you attempt a activation already?

• Hello @Reuben Castai‌ at this time only 16gb Iphones are supported on the freedompop network, please check back soon as FP is always working towards adding new supported devices.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
    @njfulwider5‌ I actually checked with Verizon and they actually allowed it. It wasn't Swappa that was messed up, Verizon had the same issue on every ESN tool
    @Reuben Castai
    let me know if you attempt...I found a few cheap hotspot

9$ for wimax all the way to 160$ for a LTE hotspot