How to correct the wrong "My Mobile Phone #" in the "Status" under "About Device"?

Song YuSong Yu Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
The "My Mobile Phone #" shown in the "Status" under "About Device" has 577 area code that is not my actual mobile phone # with 408 area code. How to make correction on that?

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Song Yu‌ This is actually your MIN and not your mobile phone number, and it is used for identification purposes to track data usage. The number is assigned by Sprint and has nothing to do with your legitimate phone number, so you do not have to worry about it.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Song Yu
    the correct number is the number you see when you open your messaging app....Look to the top of the page for 3 horizontal bars(left side top)...click it, and a pop up from the side....should have all your info-

we use a refurbished phone with a Voip app...so before the phone was used on a Sprint network....Freedompop take the phone(Refurbishes-Place the custom Rom)...and add the app....The old number is never deleted....But it only shows in Settings(about Phone)

Take a quick peek at this post....Might find some usefull info about the app(messaging app)..

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-145-1205-updated-12-5-14#latest

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ The 577 number can't possibly be the old persons phone number because it is a non-geographical phone number and is only assigned by Sprint as an MIN number. It's why theres a 500, 533, 566, or a 577 number in settings on all properly configured phones. Just some insight :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought That what I said...My bad

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ No worries, it happens to the best of us :)
    I meant to say,this is what my answer says in a round about way...