**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Device Running 4G, Error Says "3G is not enabled on your device/You do not have 3G enabled..."

My FreedomPop device is set to run only on 4G, and when it is running, the blue light is on, indicating that the device is connected on 4G. When I connect a tablet to the device via WiFi and attempt to connect to a Web site, I receive this error:

> Sprint Activation
> 3G is not enabled on your device. Please check our FAQ for help configuring your device and if that doesn't work, contact our support.
>You do not have 3G enabled on your FreedomPop plan. Click hereto see available plans with 3G enabled.

I successfully accessed the Internet with this device on December 3, 2014, but ever since then, I received the error reported here. My account has not changed since December 3, 2014.

Can this be fixed?

@njfulwider5

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thomas Rausch
    we have to go down the list of troubleshooting ideas...I'll be available the rest of the night if you feel the need to just PM(if you have trouble contacting me here)....

lets try this first.....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try the above link before you attempt anything else. Many users are reporting it works. :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thomas Rausch
    yep its hit and miss...you might get lucky, but it downgrades you plan->Right? to the free plan or something like that.....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ It isn't hit and miss, it has a 100% success rate in my testing. He is already on the free plan btw :-)

My FreedomPop device is set to run only on 4G, and when it is running, the blue light is on, indicating that the device is connected on 4G. When I connect a tablet to the device via WiFi and attempt to connect to a Web site, I receive this error:

> Sprint Activation
    > 3G is not enabled on your device. Please check our FAQ for help configuring your device and if that doesn't work, contact our support.
    >You do not have 3G enabled on your FreedomPop plan. Click hereto see available plans with 3G enabled.

I successfully accessed the Internet with this device on December 3, 2014, but ever since then, I received the error reported here. My account has not changed since December 3, 2014.

Can this be fixed?

@njfulwider5

let me know if you'd like help troubleshooting..I'll be here pretty late....

if you can't get ahold of me here...try a PM

click my avatar....and it will take you to my profile page...click the box that says message....

Please let me know what happens if you use the link. If you need any assistance with the 4082, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to help.

Happy new year :)
    Sorry for the Post Flooding....feel free to contact who ever....if you'd like I can add a couple of admins here....

I have all my note ready....

@njfulwider5‌

• Javier MascarenoJavier Mascareno Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm currently experiencing this issue. I did downgrade my plan to the free 500 Mb. I saw the video above; thanks, that's helpful. My device checks for the updates but it seems to fail receiving data. My mobile phone Internet connection optimizer sends me to a freedompop web site encouraging me to request support through the forums. I turned off the Internet connection optimizer on the mobile phone; then tried again. The update doesn't go through and the circle on checking for update window keep spinning as in search for data without success. What should I do?
  • ravenblackravenblack Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Thomas Rausch‌ If this is the case, please click here and report back if this worked for you. This is not a free trial and is simply forced Free 500MB plan.

Please let me know if this worked for you. Good luck :-)

I've got this same problem (I've disabled 3g on the device entirely, it's connected with a blue light, and it still redirects everything to the setup3g page). When I click this link and then the button on the page it goes to, I get the response "We've experienced a problem changing your Data Plan due to a billing error. Please update your payment method on the Billing Settings page and try again."
  • ravenblackravenblack Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Thomas Rausch‌ If this is the case, please click here and report back if this worked for you. This is not a free trial and is simply forced Free 500MB plan.

I have the same problem (the account plan is "free 500MB", the device is configured to 4g only, but every attempt to access a page through it redirects to setup3g.freedompop.com) - when I click that link and the button on the page it leads to, I get the response "We've experienced a problem changing your Data Plan due to a billing error. Please update your payment method on the Billing Settings page and try again."
  • Thomas RauschThomas Rausch Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, @ali and @njfulwider5‌, I clicked on the link. I will attempt to confirm it shortly.

Thank you for your quick response.

I was away all weekend and could not check my posts.

Here is the text from the link, just to confirm I reached the correct link.

Get 4X more FREE internet
    with a Free 500MB Free Trial for valued customers only
    Guaranteed 2GB of data at no additional cost - 100% free during your current billing period and only $0.00/month.
    Cancel Anytime. No Long Term Contract. No Commitments.

Get All Of This with an Extra 2GB
    Over 1 full day of streaming videos
    4000 minutes of music streaming
    Update Facebook every 10 minutes
  • Thomas RauschThomas Rausch Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello, all, clicking on the link restored my service! Thank you to all who assisted in the fix!
    @Thomas Rausch
    That is great news, just make sure you look at your plan now...things have changed a little..make sure you have everything set up so you don't end up with a suspension later...make sure you add freedom friends....free 500mbs extra a month
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5422/tips-tricks-of-the-freedom-friends-get-an-exrta-500-mb-a-month-the-limitation-of-gifting#latest

Great Job On the Link Ali!!!!

@Thomas Rausch‌ I am very happy your service is restored again, w00t w00t :) . Now you can definitely call me a hacker, just kidding ;).
    @ravenblack‌ Please update your billing info to a valid card.
    @ravenblack‌
    have you attempted to update the profile and prl yet? or again? sorry

@njfulwider5‌ A PRL or Profile upgrade over a 4G WiMAX only plan will always fail.
    You need 3g to run 4g wimax....It wont always fail(i know from experience)

even though you plan is not 3g....the device will use this to connect to the 4g....

Not to mention....if this was not the case...the profile update is needed

@njfulwider5‌ I owned the 4082 for a long time, every time I was on the free plan a PRL upgrade failed. When I was on a 3G plan it worked.
    That is strange....
    the normal celluar signal...will go wifi/3g/4g....

but who know

my suggestion is something I would like the Op to try...if all fails--no harm no foul?

the profile update might help, for sure

• SouthernSouthern Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Add another success story to the list, please. :)

I've been having this problem for the last month or so on my 4082, but I didn't really follow up with it since I also have the FP Samsung S3 and don't even come close to going over my data limit with it (usually keep mobile data disabled, since I'm almost always on some type of WiFi).

I checked the forums a month or so ago and saw quite a few people with the same problem, so I figured someone would eventually figure it out. Thanks Ali. :smile:

For what it's worth, my 4082 is set to "4G Only" (since I don't have the 3G fallback plan on it), and I was able to successfully update my PRL and Profile with no issues (Updated PRL from 40462 to 40463).
    @Southern‌ I am glad I was able to get you fixed too! w00t w00t ;)
  • tam eiamtam eiam Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

thanks Ali the link works for me too--you are AWESOME