Verify apps via text failing

In apps like Redphone and Hangouts verify the phone number via text message, but that always seems to fail on this phone. Somehow the apps are looking at a specific place for the text to be received, but that isn't happening. Do you know if there is a fix for that or should I give up?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Joshua Yokela If the text verification is sent out as a "short code" Freedompop does not support it. I have run into that issue myself a few times that a verification text is sent out via short code and I do not receive it on my FP phone.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen
    is there anyway to verify with a email? I am just curious, I see this question allot-figured you might know?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I know of. The only way it could be done with email is if the text to the phone number also forwarded to an email (like google voice). My bank uses short code when sending out verifications which is why I cannot use my FP number with my bank. I have my GV number set up with my bank. Verifications do not make it to my phone but I do get them in my GV email.

If memory serves me correct short codes are only supported by MMS texting.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment MMS texting is not supported by FP So you won't be able to verify by text. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015 #6
    @Richard Allen@Joshua Yokela
    You are correct!!!!---no mms or shortcode texting.....would be cool if FP added it as a new feature----maybe this year...

I was wondering....I have never tried myself, and I see the question allot

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop