**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Data Rollover: How does it work?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
edited April 2014 in Value added Services #1
For the Data Rollover service, unused data from your account each month will be saved and "rolled over" to the following month's data allotment. The maximum amount of data that you can rollover each month is 500MB. However, unused data that has been rolled over will not disappear at the end of the month -- it will continuously accumulate until it caps out at 20GB.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say I was new user last month and paid to rollover. 300mb rolled, plus the std 500mb, plus one friend 50mb. Now start using data in 2nd month. Say I only use 125mb. Now month ends, how much rolls over to 3rd month ? Would it be 800, or something less?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • R Brent SpearR Brent Spear Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Where do I add this back on for home internet. I turned off too much stuff when I was poking around and it looks like I turned this off and I would like to keep rollover service and I haven't found it to turn it back on. I also downgraded, so is this not available with the 1GB plan?
    I'll know if mom wants the 5GB plan, so I may bump it up if it is not available for the 1GB plan
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    WD80 said:

<
    The limit for Data Rollover is 500MB - using your example, the other 300MB would be lost, so the best thing to do is to Share that 300MB with your Freedom Friends a day or so before your billing cycle ends and hope they return the favor when their billing cycle ends...

In adv promotion, it mentions a 20GB limit. What does that mean if max rollover is 500MB ?
  • R Brent SpearR Brent Spear Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    WD80 said:

Log into your FreedomPop account and under the My Account tab, click Services and Data Rollover is there... If you have any Services they will be listed on top under "My Services" and if not, there will only be a "Available Services" section - eitherway, Data Rollover will be under Services...

That is what I figured, but I only see 6 services available:
    Home Premier.
    Private Internet.
    Speed Plus-Home.
    Security.
    Usage Alerts.
    Premium VIP Service

is rollover included in one of these? I clicked on each and could not find it included in any description.

(I confirmed I am looking at my Home Internet account, not my FreedomPop mobile phone account as I've done that in the past)
  • JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    You cannot use the data rollover with the Home Internet service.
    So let's say that Rich is in the free 500 Mb plan, has one FP friend, and decides to purchase the data rollover service. In this example, if he uses 200 Mb in his first month, he has 300 Mb that get rolled over the next month. For the second month, he has 300 Mb of rolled over data, plus 500 Mb, plus 50 Mb from friends, for a total of 850 Mb.

Let's say that in the second month he doesn't use any data at all. His 50 Mb from friends are lost, as well as any other data earned from offers. So for the next month, he has 850 Mb of rollover data. For the third month, he has 850 Mb plus 500 Mb, plus 50 Mb from friends, for a total of 1,400 Mb.

So now let's say he uses 400 Mb of data in his third month. That means he'd still have 1,000 Mb of data left in his plan that get rolled over to the fourth month. So for the fourth month, he has 1,000 Mb plus 500 Mb plus 50 Mb for a total of 1,550 Mb. And so on and so forth.

Let's now say that sometime in the future, Rich has 20 Gb of rollover data. If he doesn't use any data that month, he will not be able to rollover to the next month more than the 20 Gb he has already accumulated. Also, keep in mind that any unused data obtained from friends and offers are lost at the end of the month; it never gets rolled over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @WD80 - You are correct sir on the rollover data. "Earned and Shared" data is not included in rollover allocation, you can have additional earned data above your rollover amount.
  • Yvette ChancoYvette Chanco Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have/had the rollover plan for my overdrive pro, with about 2.7G saved. I haven't seen the overdrive in over a month so have to admit I must have lost it. Does anybody know if I can transfer that to a photon I have for guests/emergencies, or is it just lost?
    @Yvette - I have now deactivated the device as a precautionary measure so there is no unauthorized data usage. If you would like I can "swap" a different device into your current account so you keep your rollover. You will just need to select a device and purchase through FreedomPop (I can do in our system for you). Just let me know what device you want if any. You can also PM me (click on my picture, then click "message" in the top right corner on the next page) for more info.
  • Nicholas RamirezNicholas Ramirez Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm missing data that I didn't use or earn and I'm paying for the service. don't really take an exact note about the amount, but I'm sure I should have some rolled over. This month, I will be all over it, to make sure the "service" is worth paying for.
  • Bridget EmeryBridget Emery Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Really loving my mifi hotspot, and the forums are so helpful in finding answers to my questions. Thank you everyone who helps out. You are all appreciated!
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember everybody... If you are on an unlimited data plan, then do NOT get rollover because that is not compatible with your plan. I know this is obvious, but still am pointing this out. Unless you can rollover your LTE data, do not get the service with the unlimited plan.
  • Mark YoderMark Yoder Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I need data rollover for one month. I've turned it on and see the charge has appeared on my bill.

When do I turn it off so the data rolls over, but I don't get charged for the next month?

--Mark
    edited June 2014 #18
    I'll rephrase to ask for different perspective.
    Two days before end of month one, I buy rollover for $4. Then two days into month two downgrade it off. Will I be charged another $4 in month two ? If so, then I have two rollover fees, do I get two rollover events. Say I have two friends and used none of my bytes. At end of month one, I roll 500. Again no usage in month two, is the any rollover for month two ?

If above is two rollover events, then how does one pay and get one roll over event, with no more rollover billing ?
  • Robert SymerRobert Symer Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Rich.
    Lets see if I understand. 1st month you have the $3.99 roll service. Before the end of 2nd month you remove the $3.99 roll service.

The unused data would roll from the 1st to the 2nd month. There would be no
    roll from the 2nd to the 3rd as you terminated the roll service. Thus, there would be no $3.99 roll charge for the 2nd month since you terminated it.

Does this make sense? By the way, I have asked a similar question as to upgrading and downgrading depending on how much data I am using during various times of the year or months. For example, I am now on the $19.99 2g 3/4g plan plus the $3.99 roll service. I am asking if I can keep the roll service to retain my accrued data; but, lower my plan costs.

Robert Symer
    @Robert Symer‌ - You can upgrade and downgrade your data plans at anytime without penalty. The Rollover service on the other hand must remain active in order for you to keep your accrued data. But yes, you can keep the rollover and downgrade your plan at anytime without losing your rollover.
  • connectgoconnectgo Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Which data gets used first? So if I have 500MBs free, plus 500 from connecting with friends, and then 900MBs from previous months rollover, and I use say 1000MBs, so now before the next month happens, I have 900MBs left, am I I going to get any rollover in the following month? Normally the next month, if I didn't have rollover I'd start with 1GB, so would the original 500MBs roll over so now I'd have 1.5GBs or did I already use that data, or is the standard free data the last to get used?
  • Henry  PalachHenry Palach Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    connectgo said:

Which data gets used first? So if I have 500MBs free, plus 500 from connecting with friends, and then 900MBs from previous months rollover, and I use say 1000MBs, so now before the next month happens, I have 900MBs left, am I I going to get any rollover in the following month? Normally the next month, if I didn't have rollover I'd start with 1GB, so would the original 500MBs roll over so now I'd have 1.5GBs or did I already use that data, or is the standard free data the last to get used?

I also would like an answer to these questions.
    Henry

From my experience, bytes in your Earned Data pool are used first, and then the bytes from your Free/Rollover pool. In the case you mention, you'd consume the 500 Mb earned from friends first, so yes, you'd end the month with 900 Mb in your account that would be rolled over to the following month.
  • Michael TrotskyMichael Trotsky Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor I was recently charged for data rollover even though I accepted the offer for a free first month of the service. Can this be fixed?
    If one wanted to rollover ONCE, does he need to pay current and following month to get and use one rollover ? i.e. Pay for 2 months and get one rollover service ?
  • dw31dw31 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am currently on the Premier trial. Data Rollover is listed under my services. However, where is the link/button to actually roll over data? I have over 1GB left.