**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Internet connection issues

koziymfkoziymf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Good day!

Originally I had 500MB 4G plan with ~80MB left and everything worked without issues.
Dec 27 2014 I started to experience internet connection issues. Modem could connect to 4G, but there was no internet.
I decided to switch to 500MB pro plan to get 3G and 4G support. CC was charged, internet appeared for 1 day, then disappeared again. Data usage page shows some weird numbers: 204% used, pay as you go MBs even though I had 80MB left... doesn't make any sense.
Modem can't connect to 3G network, status is "Sprint 3G Connecting", workmode 2, green light is blinking, signal indicator is Strong. Modem can connect to 4G network ("Sprint 4G Connected"), but internet is still unavailable, WWAN log shows "Get MIP error code 67". I tried to reset modem - didn't help.

Can you please check my account settings, maybe something was altered occasionally on your side? I can send account/modem info in PM.
I tried to email multiple times to customer service but didn't get any response..

Thanks a lot, dear admins, in advance!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @koziymf‌
    if you upgrade you account plan, your data used, will carry over to the new plan. This cause allot of confusion.Most people think, when they upgrade, there data starts all over again. This is Not the case.

If you have automatic top up disabled. Your account will suspend and you will not have access to the internet, when your account reach 100mbs or less...sometimes you can go a little more, like your at 80mbs.(3 hour delay on data usage)reason it stop at 100-that is the safe amount Sprint thinks a member would not use during the 3 hours...

when you was on the 4g only plan and hit 80mbs....you account stopped the data service....when you upgraded to the pro plan. it had the same amount of data as the free plan-500mbs. So you upgraded plans, when you account was already suspended at under 100mbs.

You would have had to upgrade to a 2gb plan next to have more than 80mbs...and you would have had 1580mbs, because you already used 420mbs...But there is a chance your data service would have stayed on.

More than likely, you going to have to wait till your account rolls over to a new month. How many days do you have left?

or you might be able to upgrade to the 2gb plan and have a Admin or Customer service refresh the account-if it don't refresh with the upgrade. CS numbers in my signature.

if you had auto top up enabled--You would have gotten overage charges after you had 100mbs or under left...

feel free to @sign me if you have any question

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're getting error 67, your account could potentially be suspended to higher than usual data usage over your limit. All data used is reported in UTC time. You may have used higher than normal data without knowing it. Since 104% of 500MB is 1.02 GB, you could add Freedom Friends to counter balance the data used and any overages, and you could do partner offers to re-enable data again for free :-)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well there ya go, great confirmation ali...

I forgot to add one of my announcement threads....

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5422/tips-tricks-of-the-freedom-friends-get-an-exrta-500-mb-a-month-the-limitation-of-gifting#latest

if you need freedom Friends..it tells you where you can find 100's of them-and how to add them

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• koziymfkoziymf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for your response! Now I understand why all this happened.. I have to wait 4 days, so will just wait and see if it works.
    @koziymf‌
    no problem..feel free to @sign me if you need anything else

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to help, let us know if you need more assistance :-)
    @koziymf‌

what happens when you add freedom friends?

• koziymfkoziymf FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    ...so I added automatic Top Up, and was immediately charged for 10$, and $4.34 was taken for PayAsYouGo 213MB.
    Doesn't make any sense. I had ~80MBs left on Dec 27, when made a switch to 500MB Pro plan. After that, Data Usage started to show weird numbers - "You've used 428 MB (correct) but 204%!" And PayAsYouGo showed 213MB. And internet still didn't work.
    How this can be possible?
    @njfulwider5, can you please review my account? Maybe I don't understand something. But I didn't use more then 430MB in any case during billing cycle...
    I will PM account info.
    Thanks!
    PS: Internet is working again though.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    @koziymf‌ Hello, it does appear that your issue was resolved through PM, I will be closing this thread now :)
This discussion has been closed.