**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Hangouts/Google Voice will ring the phone, but there is no screen/icon for me to answer it.

Hangouts/Google Voice will ring the phone, but there is no screen/icon for me to answer it. I have Hangouts dialer and hangouts app downloaded. I also disconnected SMS from desktop. Since I followed the instructions posted by an expert earlier on how to get GV to forward, the call notification screen no longer opens. It must be a simple setting, but I can't figure it out.

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Have you linked your google voice number with hangouts? To link your number to hangouts log into your gmail using the same account that your GV number is on. Just below the 'more click on the triangle to the left of the phone symbol icon (options). Select the try the new hangouts. You should be good to go for making and receiving calls using hangouts dialer.

• @Laurensphone‌

I wanted to follow-up with you on this issue. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application?
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • LaurensphoneLaurensphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Just figured out these messages existed. So, yes, I did install and reinstall. It's very strange. Now the phone rings when I get a call on my Google Voice number. There is an expert on this site that has posted several instructions. I finally hit on a combination that worked. The problem I have now is that I only can use mobile data. The WiFi gives me an authentication error (even tho it never used to). So now, the phone is using the 500mb data allotment in about 3 weeks or less, and I'm making about 2 calls a month and doing maybe 5 texts. It's all the background stuff, especially with Google Play Store.
  • LaurensphoneLaurensphone Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I wasn't swiping to answer the phone. Finally fixed that to "not swipe to answer." All good there.