Phone shipped without custom ROM

I received my Galaxy S3 from FreedomPop without the custom ROM. It appears to have a stock Sprint ROM on it. I appear to have a cell signal, but don't have any cell access (can't make a call using the android dialer).

It did not have the freedompop apps installed when it arrived. If I use wifi to install the freedompop apps, I can't seem to get the freedom pop dialer integrated like on my husband's S3 (which he got directly from freedompop as well).

How do I get my cell service to work and integrate the dialer?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a profile and PRL update

make sure the phone has messaging app installed

the app above will work with the native dialer...as long as it is the most recent

also make sure your logged into your play store....

let me know if this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe another user has uploaded the FreedomPop S3 ROM to use for the SPH-L710.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need the Rom for Freedompop to work on the phone...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as long as you're able to get the PRL and Profile updated and the messaging apps installed correctly you don't need the FP ROM.
  • Sara MunozSara Munoz Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    does any one have the original freedompop rom? this may help me with my "storage full or unavailable" issue on my s3
  • skylineskyline Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same "storage full or unavailable" nightmare. things were breaking all over the place.

The problem is both your internal and external storage is not writable by third-party applications.

FOR THE EXTERNAL MICRO-SD STORAGE run:

'SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD', or 'SD KitKat Fixer' from the Playstore

FOR THE INTERNAL STORAGE:

1. You will need root (which you have with the FreedomPop ROM)

2. You will need terminal emulator on your phone from the Playstore

3. You will need some reading skills and glasses if your eyes are weak.

Steps:

1. Open terminal emulator

2. Type "su"

Your screen should look like this

Quote:
    su

Now press enter

3. Now type this command, "restorecon -v -R /data/media"

Your screen should look like this now

Quote:
    su
    restorecon -v -R /data/media

Now press enter

4. Now you can use your internal sdcard without any issues and you can install your apps without all the FC drama.