2 Questions

Ron StevensRon Stevens Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
(1) I use a Google Voice number as my main number for everything and everyone. When someone calls me, the voicemail picks up after 25 seconds which is shorter than FreedomPop's aproximate 40 seconds. I would rather have my FreedomPop voicemail pick-up instead of GV. Therefore, is it possible to decrease the number of rings in FP's voicemail. OR, stop GV from picking up at all?

(2) Under my Messaging app > Settings > General user interface > Don't use slide to answer, I have the box unchecked, but the incoming calls still show the buttons (ignore/answer) on the display. I need to swipe-to-answer. Can this be remedied?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    @Ron Stevens‌ Unfortunately there isn't a way to decrease rings for FP voicemail picking up. If you would like to use your Google Voice number with FreedomPop, consider porting it in. There will be a $3 fee to port out of Google Voice and a $10 fee to port into FreedomPop. This will allow you to use your FreedomPop voicemail with your Google Voice number. As for slide to answer, there isn't a way to completely remove it with the current version of the messaging app other than using a completely different SIP client altogether.

Good luck :)

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
  • Ron StevensRon Stevens Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Ron Stevens‌ Unfortunately there isn't a way to decrease rings for FP voicemail picking up. If you would like to use your Google Voice number with FreedomPop, consider porting it in. There will be a $3 fee to port out of Google Voice and a $10 fee to port into FreedomPop. This will allow you to use your FreedomPop voicemail with your Google Voice number. As for slide to answer, there isn't a way to completely remove it with the current version of the messaging app other than using a completely different SIP client altogether.

@Ron Stevens‌ Remember, porting from Google Voice has incurred new fees (already mentioned) so if you choose that route it will be different. Good luck and let me know if you need additional help getting started :)
    Ali said:

Thanks Ali. I wonder why "Don't use slide to answer is even listed as an option in the new version. I was able to use "Slide to answer" once before. I guess since reactivating my phone caused the app to change. I hope it comes back. Using the ignor/answer buttons sometimes get tapped inadvertently when the phone is in my pocket. I think that may have been the purpose for using "Slide-to answer. Can't figure why they would discontinue the option.

Re Voicemail: I may just port my number over. Thanks again.
    @Ron Stevens‌ It is there so people who don't have that issue can press a button to answer ;)

For porting, make sure to unlock your number first from Google Voice. Good luck :)
  • PrudentCustomerPrudentCustomer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Did I have to unlock my ported #, before requesting FP?