"no battery" message

Qing ChangQing Chang Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Just received my FreedomPop 3G/4G Hotspot device. Installed the battery and plug the device in. In the charge only mode, I got "no battery" error message.

Since I have physical battery in the device, I suspect this is a broken device.

How can I get tech support for the device?

Thanks,
Qing

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qing Chang‌ Have you tried a factory reset?
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    did you put the battery in right? did you gave a day or two to charge and see if it work? Need more information.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • Qing ChangQing Chang Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have tried factory reset. It makes no difference.

There is only one way to install the battery. I'm sure I put the battery in correctly.

The device is Freedom Spot Overdrive Pro.

I first plug in and press power button to select "Charge only". The device shows "charge only" for a few seconds and reboot with Aircard 8025 screen. Then it shows "Powered off / no battery" message.

It behaves same as I took out the battery. I can not use the device unless I plug it in.
  • @Qing Chang

It looks like you may have to replace your battery. Here are the instructions to do that. You are eligible to return Equipment, please submit an Equipment return request by contacting us at (888) 743-8107. Specify the reason for the return, and include the model and MAC ID and we will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number to accompany your authorized return, which will also tell you where to ship the Equipment.
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest