**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MiFi 4082 says I'm connected to 4G but doesn't work

In my MiFi 4082 (which I even set to 4G Only) it says I'm connected to 4G. But no matter what URL I go to, it always redirects to https://setup3g.freedompop.com/sprint/activate3g?clientid= (with the device clientid after the = sign, the id looking like an email address). On that page it says that I don't have 3G set up and I need to purchase it. I got this for the free 500MB per month. I didn't want to purchase anything. Is there a way around this to get it working again? Seems 4G is working, I get fantastic signal, the light is on blue. But it won't go to any pages. And gmail doesn't even go to the 3G landing page. It just says connection was interrupted. Anyone know a fix for this?

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TIKA CARR‌ I had initially posted a fix for this issue but it has since been taken down. Please attempt to downgrade your plan even if it is already 100% free by going to tinyurl.com/downgrademyfp
  • TIKA CARRTIKA CARR Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm sorry to say that your solution didn't work. Still having the same problems even though I went to the URL you gave and followed instructions. I clicked "Downgrade Only." Maybe that's why the post was taken down? Maybe it no longer works that way?

Anyone else have a fix or maybe hopefully someone from FreedomPop can shine a light on what is happening here? Seems like the modem is somehow highjacking (sorry couldn't think of a better word) the connection and just sending me to the 3G landing page. Maybe something in the modem I need to set?
    Update: My local wizard came by and we were working on trying to find out why it's going to that page. We even did a hard factory reset of the modem and that did not change things. Still getting the 3G landing page. One thing my friend wondered was the possibility that sprint may have shut down 3G in the area or maybe even 4G in the area even though the modem is saying the tower is still putting out signal. But perhaps the network itself is no longer up? Anyone can confirm this? 14606.
  • SouthernSouthern Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Check the light on the front of the device.. If it's green (solid or flashing), then you have a 3G connection. If it's blue (solid or flashing), then it's a 4G (WIMAX) connection.

If it's green, then the error that you're receiving is to be expected, as the 3G plan costs an extra $3.99 per month. If it's blue, then you more than likely have a bug that's been affecting a lot of people (myself included). Ali had a link that fixed it for a most people, but supposedly it was taken down (although it still looks up to me, I checked it while ago).. Maybe @Ali can double check it to see if it still works.

Good luck!
    @TIKA CARR‌ My fix still worked for some people but it got taken down since it was a little half baked the way it looked.

@Jorge M. ‌ If you're not mad at me about the whole link thing, are you able to look up @TIKA CARR‌ 's account and change the plan from "plan-free-sp" to "fp-4"? That fixed everyone up in my experience (it's the Photon 500MB free plan), but if you're not ok with it then oh well.
    Is this a free plan as well? If no, please don't change it because I don't have money for a monthly plan of any type. I'm on a very limited income and can't afford any monthly expenses.
    @Southern - The light is blue and in the modem admin it says that 4G is connected. @Ali's fix I tried but it did not work for me. Still having the same problems. I'm on a very limited income so even that little be a month is too expensive for me. I just don't have the funds for any monthly payment.
    Oops. Sorry @Ali I just re-read your post. It IS a free plan and it looks like someone did upgrade it today. I will go ahead and try the hotspot again and see if it works. Will report back soon. Thanks again for speaking up for me on my behalf. :)
    Ok, just tried again. Still getting that 3G landing page I mentioned in my OP. And still not able to go to any other web site no matter what URL I try. It just takes over and goes to that 3G page. Still don't know why. I got a solid blue light on my device and all 4 bars of signal (very very strong signal) coming in from the tower.
    @TIKA CARR‌ When you go to My Account -> Plans -> Plan details, please copy and paste the URL you get in your browser so I can see if the correct plan is enabled.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try a Profile and PRL Update...make sure your next to a windows with a clear line of site to outdoor(no trees)...some people take there devices outside to do this..
    see video

if this don't work for you, feel free to Pm me, or just sent me a @‌
    @njfulwider5‌

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I tried the PRL update and even profile update. It just hung and kept trying but never connecting it seems to get an update (busy icon that never goes away). I even tried a software update but it keeps saying it failed. As for going outside, I doubt that would work in -15 wind chill we get here now! I think the device would freeze solid before I could turn it on! LOL! As for where the device is, it's already typically located near a window, and the cell tower is literally across the road from where I live. I can easily see it from my window where the device is. So... Signal is excellent. Can't figure out why it wants to go to that page when the device is actually connected to 4G WiMax.
    http://freedompop.com/acct_dataplan_details.htm?plan=plan-free-sp I guess they didn't change it. Yet in my billing it shows Jan 9, 2015 9:09 AM [transaction # I edit out] Free 500MB $0.00 so I thought someone changed it?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got your PM, and once the admin answers, we'll be good to go..

enjoy the rest of your weekend..and stay indoors....LOL :)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@TIKA CARR‌ It looks like you will need an admin to change the plan on file. Try referencing plan code "fp-4" if possible, this one works without issues.
    I mentioned the fix in a major thread though, it's still up but it is on this whole thread ->

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6539/new-month-solid-blue-light-getting-sprint-activation-3g-not-enabled-just-want-4g/p1
    Tika

i sent you a PM....The only people allowed to give free data away is a admin...

we have the admin's included in the PM, so lets just do it the correct way...

sorry about the link

@njfulwider5‌ I wasn't giving free data away, the one user who had that happen actually downgraded from a higher plan, I apologize for any confusion. Please don't mention that part again or I risk getting suspended from here on suspicion that I'm giving data away when I'm not. I'm not trying to sound rude but I face termination if I lead people to believe that I'm giving data away or doing anything unauthorized.
    Thanks, Ali. The admins were notified by @njfulwider5 but I'll mention it in the PM thread too what plan it should be.
    Thank you for all your help @njfulwider5‌. I really do appreciate it! Hopefully things will be working soon. I'll give it a few days so that the admins can take a look.
    No worries. I know the admins were PMed about this so we'll wait for them to respond and see what they can do. Let's just say it got escalated up one tier in the support chain. :) Many thanks to @njfulwider5‌ and all who helped me.
    Yep, Just enjoy your weekend @TIKA CARR
    and we'll chat about this Monday Morning

• Jeffrey JensenJeffrey Jensen Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the exact same problem as TIKA CARR. I'm on the free plan, and I've set the device to 4G, and I still get the 3G activation page. I've tried all the solutions listed here, but none have worked. Should I create my own thread for this, or can the problem be solved here?
  • mbm210mbm210 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the exact same problem as TIKA CARR and Jeffrey Jensen. The PRL and Profile simply won't update. What do I need to do? And now the LCD display is not even functioning properly. I sent an email to support, but of course no response for almost a week. I'm thinking I should send the thing back for a refund.
  • Dave WysochanskiDave Wysochanski Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi I'm having this problem as well and I've tried various things such as the downgrade plan link, the PRL and profile update, etc. Has anyone resolved this? Should I contact support? The mifi 4082 is now useless for me.