**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why won't my LG Viper make calls?

Wesley CobaughWesley Cobaugh Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
This is my family's 2nd Freedompop phone, we had some problems getting the 1st phone to startup correctly ( Samsung S2 ) but after you showed me how to clear it and restart I have no problems with it. Know I have a LG Viper from you that works to use the web but I can't send a message or make a call. Please help!

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015 #2
    @Wesley Cobaugh
    make sure to update the profile and PRL

find the settings in your settings>>>System Updates

also make sure you open the messaging app once

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Wesley CobaughWesley Cobaugh Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I've done that several times and still nothing. My Samsung phone had a similar problem when I activated it and all I had to due is reset the phone and enter the MSL. Can I do the same thing if so where can I get the MSL?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wesley Cobaugh‌ Here are instructions to factory reset your device without needing the MSL code -

(NOTE: This is a factory RESET and will delete all data. Make sure to do this while connected to power or else your phone can be corrupted if the battery dies in the middle of the reset)

1. Remove the battery and reinsert it
    2. Hold the power and Volume up button until it loads the recovery screen
    3. Using the volume buttons, navigate to Factory Reset
    4. Use the power buttons to select. Press yes when prompted
    5. Let the phone do its thing.
    6. Sign back into the FreedomPop Config app, connect to WiFi, and reinstall any updates.
    How long will it take to reset it's self ? I have had it going on 11 hours since I started the factory reset, I can understand why it needs to be plugged in. Is this normal ?
    Thanks
    Wes
    @Wesley Cobaugh‌ Usually it should take less than 10 minutes. You need an admin now...

@Jorge M. @LolaBee‌ @JamsineS @Javonni_Freedompop‌ - do y'all know if Wesley has any options?
  • Hello @Wesley Cobaugh‌ Your account has been refreshed!
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
    Hello LolaBee
    My phone is still not working correctly, it will receive calls but when I make outbound calls without the wifi I get a message that I dialed an incorrect # or code and the # I am dialing is my home. Do I need to reset my phone ? And if I do will I need the MSL to do that ?
    Please help
    Wes
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015 #9

Hello LolaBee
    My phone is still not working correctly, it will receive calls but when I make outbound calls without the wifi I get a message that I dialed an incorrect # or code and the # I am dialing is my home. Do I need to reset my phone ? And if I do will I need the MSL to do that ?
    Please help
    Wes

You have to use the FreedomPop Messaging App to make calls or send texts. The native dialer will not work unless the app is installed and integration is activated. Go to the FreedomPop Messaging app > Go to settings > Click on Easy configuration > check the box for Integrate with Android.
    Adolfo the phone is integrated with android and I still can't call out.
    Thanks
    Wes
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you try a reset after the admin refresh the account? I see you did it before...how about after?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@Wesley Cobaugh‌ Do you have a data connection right now?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

Adolfo the phone is integrated with android and I still can't call out.
    Thanks
    Wes

Can you make a call out using the Messaging app directly?

• Paige  PrestholdtPaige Prestholdt Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Having the exact same issue...no network connection.
  • Paige  PrestholdtPaige Prestholdt Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I like a new phone please, this is just not worth it. Where should I send this one back?
  • Stranger42Stranger42 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I want a deal on a viper
    where can I get one
  • K DK D Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I get the improper code also, it will only text and receive texts. I've done all but factory reset. This is a bit much to deal with. I'm thinking this one needs to go back too.
  • Kenneth RoseKenneth Rose Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Can't get the Viper LG phone to connect to Internet. Says its searching for IP address and then it says saved....but it doesn't connect to any server.
  • K DK D Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there any freedompop supportfor this viper lte? I've contacted freedompop from my account on this device and get no response. I've asked for clear instructions in an attempt to get the phone to actually work, I get none. I asked for instructions to return it and get a replacement or my money back. This is ridiculous. Now my account page just says OOPS your having issues, when I got to device support.