**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is that it?

I had a previous discussion that went unanswered. My problem was the my 3g and 4g did not work after I upgraded to a free trial. i have since then downgraded. I can't call, text, nor use the internet when not on wifi. I called a freedompop representative on Friday, and he was unable to solve the problem. After, he quickly said I would be sent an instructional email and then he hung up. Never got an email. I don't understand, what's the point of my phone now?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please try an SCRTN update:

(Note: Back up your data as this can potentially erase your phone)

1. Dial ##72786# in the native dialer and the SCRTN message should appear. Enter your MSL if needed (found by clicking here)

2. Your device will restart, proceed to unlock the device

3. The Hands free reactivation will occur, its going to update your PRL and Profile. If it fails then update it manually Settings -> System Update -> PRL and Profile

4. If you lost any data then please re install the My FreedomPop app and the FreedomPop Messaging app.
  • @Nicholas Hale,

I hope all is well. Ali suggested some great instructions above, did you ever get around to trying them out on your device??

regards,

J
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Nicholas  HaleNicholas Hale Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    No. I can't update PRL and PROFILE on my device. Whenever I click the update PRL or Update Profile, nothing will happen. On SCRTN, my device will only reboot, but nothing else afterwords. While on the phone withe the Freedompop representative, I tried many methods of fixing. Two representatives hung up on me today only a minute into the call.
  • Nicholas,

A ticket has been created so someone from my DEV department will be getting into contact with you.
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nicholas Hale‌ You may need an MSL reset. If I get the good to go for providing those steps from an admin, please try that as well. Development has created a ticket for you so you should be good to go soon.
    I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks Ali, and thanks Javonni!
    I noticed I had received an email saying my issue had been resolved? And it still isn't.
    Any updates?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    With whatever they did, can you now do a prl & profile update ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nicholas Hale

on these phones...to update the profile and PRL....make sure your connected to wifi...

Find settings>>>>and than System Updates....Update the Profile first, and than the PRL....

some people have mentioned on the Victory, you just need to restart the device to update the Profile and PRL..

Feel free to PM me, if you still have issues..I can walk you threw the update if needed

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

As I said before, I can't update PRL or Profile on my device. It's something wrong with the device. Is it possible that I could get a new account? Maybe something's wrong with my account? Would Freedompop send me another device?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nicholas Hale
    sorry maybe I should have been a little clearer....On a valid wifi network, try updating profile and PRL. If that don't work...try to reset your wifi router...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

No, it does not work still.
    Is there any way to resolve this?