Help? Need phone removed from plan until it is repaired.

hihihihi Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
My phone's motherboard is defective. I need to remove it from my plan so I can re-add when it is repaired. I think this is because it will likely give me a new IMEI. Does anyone have any input or suggestions?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestions from an admin can be depended on when you're ready to re-energize your phone back to active status. Being employees of FP, admins can promise & do things not access able to rest of us.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • @Justin Stricker‌ After reviewing your account, we noticed that you are already on the free plan so you will not have to worry about incurring any charges while your phone gets repaired. We recommend keeping your account open instead of deactivating which would close your account so that you are not hit with a reactivation fee once you return. Keep the account open and if any information regarding your device needs to be changed when you are ready contact one of us admins with the new information and we will get it updated for you. Hope this answers your inquiry and that you have a great Tuesday!
  • hihihihi Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias does that imply I should contact an admin?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Justin Stricker‌ ^^^^

A new logic board for your device will give you a new MEID. Definitely contact an admin for the change.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015 #6
    @Justin Stricker‌ , since JasmineS, an admin that has just reviewed your account, she is most familiar. Just PM her for further details of what to do during / after the switch.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    JasmineS said:

@Justin Stricker‌ After reviewing your account, we noticed that you are already on the free plan so you will not have to worry about incurring any charges while your phone gets repaired. We recommend keeping your account open instead of deactivating which would close your account so that you are not hit with a reactivation fee once you return. Keep the account open and if any information regarding your device needs to be changed when you are ready contact one of us admins with the new information and we will get it updated for you. Hope this answers your inquiry and that you have a great Tuesday!

Thank you for your help!

@Justin Stricker‌ , since JasmineS, an admin that has just reviewed your account, she is most familiar. Just PM her for further details of what to do during / after the switch.

Thanks for your help!
    Ali said:

@Justin Stricker‌ ^^^^

A new logic board for your device will give you a new MEID. Definitely contact an admin for the change.

Thanks for your help!
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @‌"Justin Stricker" I am glad to help, please let me know if you need any more assistance.
    Ali said:

@‌"Justin Stricker" I am glad to help, please let me know if you need any more assistance.

I notified two admins, Ali. I assume I just wait now right? Probably for business hours I'd bet.
  • Francis RefolFrancis Refol Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I've had this phone for a couple of months now. I have never had good voice service. The listener can barely hear me and most of the time will hang up because they think no one is at the other end. I've gone through the board to try others suggestion to no avail. BTW, I had to buy a new battery because the one this one came with was crap. Would not hold a charge for more than 1 hour. If I cannot get this volume issue resolved, I will have to give up this service.