Microphone defective, or is there a simple fix?

echristophersonechristopherson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I got a refurbished S3 from Newegg, but it's not picking up any sound. Before I request a replacement, does anyone know of a simple fix that applies to this phone? I've poked through settings but not found anything that would mute the mic.)

Best Answers

Answers

• echristophersonechristopherson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    OK. It didn't, so I'm returning it tomorrow. Can I get my 30-day trial of the $9.99 service package suspended until I activate the replacement?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @echristopherson‌ You are able to downgrade your plan to 100% free to avoid getting charged. Then when you get your replacement simply get an admin to re-activate the trial and you should be good to go :)
  • echristophersonechristopherson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    OK. To flag a moderator, do I go to their user page and hit Message, or do I write a public message with an @ tag before their name? (I just created a forum user for the user my phone belongs to, but when I click Message on admin users' pages it says permission denied.)
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,281FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the info you type, you don't mind if the whole internet can read it, then post with @name. For posing account info, address, phone no, etc - PM is private. No access able by internet. Also not access able to forum members except for the addressee.

Hmmm, maybe there's a 24 hour wait to send a PM?.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias (16th)
    My old mind has not been able to figure out how to use the @name feature. Have I finally figured it out?

What is this "Body is 10 characters too short." red alert all about? Is it telling me that there is a minimum number of characters that I must post? No, I just need to remove the quotes from the suggested name that I selected from the list of names!