**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why is my phone using so much data?

Janet HotsonJanet Hotson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have 1 day left on my month and I have 200 min. talk, 460SMSs, and 79.63 MBs. I haven't called or received any calls, sent only a few texts, yet my data is almost all used up. What is it that is eating all my data?

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Hotson
    on the New phone, your going to have to redo all the settings we did on the HTC...

Did you make sure that your only updating over Wifi? Also did you make sure that the Background Sync is only using Google?

Not sure if you remember my theory of the phone switching to 3g while sleeping...If you leave streaming on, or any other app on during Wifi usage....The phone falls into sleep mode....and it switches to 3g...it could eat up some data that way too..

Do You need some data to get you by? If You do, just send me a data request and I'll give you some....Not sure if you remember my email address-for Freedom Friends?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Hotson‌ Are you on WiFi most of the time or cellular?
  • Janet HotsonJanet Hotson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I basically use it only on wi fi
    @Ali, I basically only use it on WiFI
    @njfulwider5,@ali, I don't have a new phone, I've had it for 5 months. I am only updating over WiFi. I don't know where to find the Background Sync setting for Google, please advise. How do I turn off streaming when sleeping? I don't need data if I can figure out why my data is being used up so fast. I didn't make any calls in a month, and only a few texts. I only use the phone on WiFi when I use it for apps or email. My battery only lasts 6 hrs. I have replaced the original battery with a 3.8V=3560mAh battery but it still runs down fast. I was wondering if the data usage was causing the battery to run down fast and if you know any solutions.
    I have the screen set for the least time(15 sec.) I keep the brightness of the screen low. Thanks for any help!
    @Ali, Almost all of the time on WiFi.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Hotson
    sorry I just got back on the forum...Do you have Updating over wifi only in your play store settings?

did you compare settings with the post here...make sure to read the whole post

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-145-1205-updated-12-5-14/p1

let me know

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop