4G vs. 4G LTE inquiry (on Basic Plan)

Edmond HuangEdmond Huang Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hi. I currently use a Freedompop Photon with the Basic Plan (500MB/month). I was doing fine using this device for WiMax (4G) until I recently moved to the Bay Area (Berkeley). According to the FreedomPop coverage map, my area now only covers 4G LTE and 3G, not 4G (WiMax). My current understanding is that the Photon is 4G (WiMax) only, which is probably why I don't get any wifi with my Photon while at Berkeley. If I were to upgrade to a 4G LTE-enabled hotspot, such as the Freedompop LTE Hotspot 803S, can I get 4G LTE using the 803S device even if I decide to stay with my Basic Plan, without having to pay extra charges?

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get free service with all our devices. Just remember if you want to trade from your photon to another device, you can get a $50 discount.
  • Edmond HuangEdmond Huang Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for the prompt response Ali! What would be the first step(s) for me to take to upgrade to a FreedomPop 4G LTE-compatible hotspot device?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please call (888) 915-2647 and press 3 for technical support. Let the rep know you need to swap to LTE