[Phone number] About Phone shows a different number than the one I have for FreedomPop

Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
If you go to Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Phone number for Androids or Settings -> General -> About -> Phone number for iPhones, you will see either a 500, 533, 566, or a 577 phone number listed.

Please note this is your MIN (mobile identification number) / MSID / MDN code which is used by Sprint to track data usage on your phone. Since your phone service is provided through SIP, you don't have to worry about that number.

Comments

• Dolores MarcellDolores Marcell Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I HAVE A NEW FREEDOMPOP PHONE NUMBER AND I AM NOT CONNECTED, PLEASE ACTIVATE MY PHONE. I CANNOT MAKE OUTGOING PHONE CALLS OR RECEIVE IN COMING PHONE CALLS, WHY?
  • thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    RE: Ali Posts: 5,017FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Pro
    January 23 in Mobile Phone Service, subject, "[Phone number] About Phone shows a different number than the one I have for FreedomPop"

I too thought that the subject number was an incorrect phone number that is causing the caller ID from my (4) FreedomPop phones to be incorrect. (I can still only make calls via WiFi. None of the phones, received March 2, will connect to local Cell Towers even though signal strength shows5 bars.) The caller ID on my Ooma Home phone system is showing a distant city in my state. How Can I correct the caller ID displayed?
  • ronald manuelronald manuel Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I think I'm ok with my MIN being a 577 number. I don't know what "since your phone service is provided through SIP" means. I come from the dark side of Verizon with Apple iPhones. What I'm concerned about is that the recipients of my calls see the 577 number in their caller id instead of my real number that I ported over from Verizon to Freedompop. How do I fix that?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Ronald Markus They won't see the 557 number because it is blocked from making/receiving calls and texts. SiP is just the protocol handler for VoIP. So just keep using the FreedomPop app that you have been using to make calls and they will only see that number
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • WickedXonSPHL710WickedXonSPHL710 Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Yeah the different number is completely a system thing, not something with which the user is supposed to interact.
  • argon5708argon5708 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there any way to get the 577 (or 500, 533, 566) number associatef with my actual phone number? ##72786# does not work and a I am trying to program my phone with qpst or dfs. Customer service says they can't access the 577 number.
  • Stevehuckins@me.com[email protected] Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    My MIN is displayed when I text people instead of my actual phone number. Help!
  • hyefredhyefred Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    mine is the same too. and now im account suspended and i have everything for another 3 days ? only had freedom phone for 28 days and never worked right. now no service..i hope they are ready to buy back phone or pay pal going to get them :>)
  • David MunozDavid Munoz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    SIM not supported .
    This is the starting of the message of I get.
    What do I have to do to get it to work?