How to get cellular calls to work on my phone

I have the Galaxy S3 purchased directly from Freedom Pop with this software
Android 4.4.2
FreedomPop Messaging v 15.06.158.1213
FreedomPop Free Voice and Text v 14.04.205.0119

I can make/receive voice and text over wifi with either application.
If I try to make an outgoing call using the FP Messaging app, I get a message that 'my account is not authorized to call this number' and incoming calls are not received.

Using the FP Free Voice and Text app I can get the outgoing call to connect but the other end cannot hear me and when I try to hang up the call it takes 4-6 attempts of pressing the 'hang up' button as the call screen closes and reopens with each push.

I expect that my phone is not correctly activated. I would prefer to use the FP messaging app. I have seen in other thread that I may need to do MSL update. I do not have an MSL number. I have been through all of the other settings recommendations for easy config, clock rate, thread count, etc.

I am hoping a support admin can help me get this resolved.

Doug

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doug Erickson
    when you first activated did you perform a profile and PRL update?

also after you perform the update..

Find the app (freedompop messaging)in your settings and application management...

force stop and than clear cache....go back to the app and than log back in..

If this don't work, repeat with the play store app..

after all is complete--fine tune that app,,,follow and compare settings in this post...please read all the comments in the post..Lots of valuable information...

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-version-29-15-06-158-1213-updated-01-22-15/p1

feel free to Pm me or just @sign me here if you have anymore questions

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doug Erickson‌ You're getting that error over cellular because you don't have a proper cellular connection, please update your PRL and Profile, and force clear data from the messaging app and restart it.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doug Erickson
    please keep us informed

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Doug EricksonDoug Erickson Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, I managed to kind of get it working. Using the messaging app, I can only hear the calls when using the speaker phone function. If I turn that off, I cannot hear the other party and they cannot hear me. Any ideas?
    @Doug Erickson
    find a old set of earphones....and with the phone on and in the middle of a call..plug and uplug the earphones and see if that clears it up....might try with it off first....

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doug Erickson‌ Did you try simply restarting your handset?
    @Doug Erickson
    let me know if the above worked or not...I think I got your PM

@‌njfulwider5
    @Ali‌

OK, sorry for the late responses, here is where I am at.

The calls now work with both wifi and cellular. The cellular quality is very poor.
    For the calls to work I have to use either a headset or hands free. I do hear my echo in both cases. If I use traditional handset the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them.

At least I am making progress.
    @‌"njfulwider5"
    @Ali‌

OK, sorry for the late responses, here is where I am at.

The calls now work with both wifi and cellular. The cellular quality is very poor.
    For the calls to work I have to use either a headset or hands free. I do hear my echo in both cases. If I use traditional handset the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them.

At least I am making progress.