no 4g since friday!

weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
i went out on friday, seemed unable to get any service anywhere. friday was the 23rd, i updated samsung firmware, profile & prl, made sure i had all networks checked on fp settings. i can get 3g but no 4g. the last app i downloaded was on the 19th. help please! @njfulwider5, i'm baaaack! how is your s3 treating you? :)

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker‌ I am such a horder..LOL :) I have not activated the S3 yet....and I might have a s4.....I have a tons of freedompop devices and some i never activate?

On you S3 can you, can you remind me of the plan? It almost sound like unlimited data=when you have unlimited data, after you use the 1gb of 3g/4g-it throttles down to 3g only?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker‌ Can you confirm your MIN? Go to Settings > About Phone > Status and it should be like 5[more random numbers]@mvnosomething.sprintpcs.com
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker
    Just hit me up when you get a chance...You know how these post can go ;)

Its a simple fix

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @ali i sent you a pm, thanks @njfulwider5 i have the free plan, i'm home a lot so i use my wifi mostly. do you not get 4g on free now? i was getting it till friday. not that i should really complain since it's free, but, hey, i'm so good at it! :) thanks!
    Sorry I though you was on the unlimited data plan...on the unlimited data plan, it throttles to 3g when you used 1gb of the plan.

did you try the profile and PRL update? You mainly need the Profile update....

@njfulwider5 meant to say, then i guess the s3 is giving you no grief, i know, i kill me.
    I have mine sitting pretty in a box....along with my collection of freedompop devices...I have not found a need to activate yet..LOL

I am trying to get my hands on a few of the ZTE's FP is offering...I purchased 3 of them for the kids..to replace the HTC's they have

@njfulwider5 yeah, i updated everything, i tried everything i could think of. initially i wasn't even getting 3g so at least i'm getting that now. aw, yer a nice dad!
    I wish...kids don't really care, as long as its paid for and it works....LOL

what about coverage? did you check coverage?

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker‌ Hey Liz, I got your PM :)

It looks like your 4G shouldn't be out however since 3AM m4 of my FP devices stopped connecting to LTE. The rest worked fine.

I'm suspecting some sort of issues going on, our MIN addresses have the same suffix so it looks like this isn't isolated.
    @Elizabeth Merker
    let me know about the coverage area.....

@njfulwider ? @ali ok, let me know if you find out anything. thanks

@njfulwider ? @ali ok, let me know if you find out anything. thanks

Just wanted to know if your having issues with your coverage area? I have heard people rumor that Sprint has started decommissioning some towers--Wimax coverage should show on the sprint coverage map.

Just a idea?

oh, ok, i checked the map, i'm in nyc, the map shows full wimax & lte coverage pretty much everywhere. as i mentioned, i just started having this problem. does the lte depend on the wimax? did you see ali's post, saying it might be some sort of issue? & in my opinion, knowing the kids don't appreciate what you do & doing it anyway is what makes you a good parent :)
    @Elizabeth Merker
    I have not heard of no outage...ali is the first person I have heard this from? But its possible. So know that we have coverage out of the way.

What happen when you go into your settings>>>>Data Usage>>>does it have any Limit on your 4g access? Not sure if your android version is the same as the one I am looking at?

@njfulwider5 it has check boxes for data usage(checked), limit mobile data usage(not checked), & alert me about data usage(checked & set for 390mb since fp will shut me down @400. nexxxxt... :) thanks!
    Ok what happens when you take your device outside? do you get the same--No 4g access? Its so strange

@Jorge M.@Javonni_Freedompop‌ @JasmineS‌ @LolaBee‌
    can you check on the account side? I think we have tried just about everything???

@njfulwider5 yes, that is where i first noticed it since i normally use wifi at home.
    Sorry, You never know... :)

lets see what the admins find...

@njfulwider5 nothing to apologize for, thanks! as long as i can use the phone outside it's ok, i'd rather have the 4g but hey, it is what it is. hopefully it'll get figured out & resolved. btw, any status on my usb? i actually posted about that on a different thread. :) my rebate is still 'being processed' by newegg
    I sent a shout out on that one too...let try again

@Jorge M.@LolaBee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌
    can we check on this issue and her USB too on the other thread?

any admin?

@njfulwider5 thanks!
    @Jorge M.@LolaBee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌ hi, i still have no 4g, can someone please help? please see ali's answer above, thanks.
    @njfulwider5 help!
    anything....I am going to just send you a pm.....