What does "existing issue" mean?

ThomasThomas Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
My BYOD iPhone 4s suddenly won't let me call or text. It says there is an "existing issue" with your account and you need to call customer service. Can't get through to Cust service. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thomas‌
    have you tried ##update#? find the native dialer >>>dial ##update# and call...

how much data/Voice and text do you have left in your account online?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge M.@LolaBee‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌ @JasmineS‌
    can any of you guys look on the account side?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• ThomasThomas Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm on yearly unlimited plan for calling and text. Please explain native dialer update.Thanks.
    The native dialer is the dialer that came with the phone..not the freedompop app..

usually looks like this on a iphone

So how do I do the native dialer thing?
    click on the native dialer on your iphone-find the app that looks like the picture above

open the app....dial ##UPDATE# and than call....wait for the service update to finish and test the freedompop app again

Done. Says service was updated, but message is still there when I try to call.
    Ok,
    try to delete the app...freedompop free voice and text.

hold your finger on the app till the app shakes...click the red x....

after you delete the freedompop free voice and text app...wait 10 mins and reset the phone

holding your finger on the home button and the power button till the phone shuts off

if the phone doesn't restart....press the power button till the phone comes back on or you see the apple logo.

once the phone boots back up, go to the Apple store and re-download the app

sign in and test

No dice. Same thing is happening.
    we need the admins to see whats going on on there side..I'll send them a shout out..

@Jorge M.@LolaBee‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌ @JasmineS‌
    can you guys please take a quick peek at Thomas account?

So it's 24 hours later and nothing has changed. Can anyone help me?
    24 hours later and nothing has changed. Can someone help?
  • Benjamin HoweBenjamin Howe Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm suffering the same problem. It seems to have come up at a similar time as well--my phone stopped receiving/sending calls/messages on the 22nd/23rd of January, 2015. I've followed the above instruction to no avail. I've done every reset I can conceive of. Is there something going on administration side? When I try to place a call, I get exactly the message Thomas is. Is this a known issue with a known solution yet?

Thanks,

Benjamin
  • Benjamin HoweBenjamin Howe Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried to change which services I am signed up for--because I appear to be signed up for none right now--and I get an "Error! Please contact customer service" message. Interestingly, my phone stopped receiving/sending text/calls the day after my monthly plan was to expire, even though it was supposed to be billing me automatically. Still, I cannot add back the 10.99/mo unlimited plan I had been using.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @Benjamin Howe‌ Hello Benjamin, I took a look into your account as well and appears you were able to get your issue resolved through one of our support agents :) Glad all worked out!
    I am good. Thank you very much!
  • beerobeero Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also getting the same problem as well. I have contacted the support and they sent me an email with the way to reset my iPhone app, settings and also updating the PRL but none of them helped. I sent a message to JorgeM but haven't heard back yet. I do not know what to do.
  • beerobeero Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Update: the pop up says "No calling or data plans are found for this account. Please try another account or contact support for further assistance."
  • boradoriboradori Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I am getting the same issues.

For some reason, my freedompop.com page is differently displayed. I only see "Alerts & Notifications" when I log in. When I go to "Account Overview", I don't see voice plan.

Of course, I also hear "There is an existing issue with your account and you need to call customer service".

But it is Saturday so freedompop office is closed.

It was very inconvenient today...
  • Rhonda DoumaRhonda Douma Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am struggling with the same problem as the others here. I suddenly got the "There is an existing issue with your account and you need to call customer service" message whenever I try to call and all text messages fail. I have waited as long as 45min without getting through to customer support and never received a call after pressing 1 for a call back. Any help would be very appreciated. Have had no issues with service until this. Thanks in advance.
  • M. Pop (28th)M. Pop (28th) Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. said:

@Thomas‌ Hello Thomas, I apologize for the delay in reply. I was able to take a look into your account and looks like you should be good to go now :)

@Jorge M., I have the same problem since my plan renewed today: BYOD iPhone 4s, FreedomPop app is registered, but says "no calling or data plans are found for this account". I updated PRL, restarted app, logged out and in. Phone is under account id beginning cliffstinson1111. Can you help?
  • Frank JimenezFrank Jimenez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M I have this issue with two accounts. "no calling or data plans are found for this account". Please advise how I get this fixed.