Do You Use FreedomPop As Your Primary Mobile Line?

olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
Do you use FreedomPop as your primary mobile line or do you have it as an extra line or a backup phone?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olrs‌
    Our family Trust Freedompop with our cell service. We use the HTC evo 4g with the kids(3g most the time) and we haven't had any issues. At first we had to do some fine tuning. Once we figured that out. These phone work great.

I got your PM, and we decided to also upgrade the kids to the ZTE. Great price for those.
    Welcome to Freedompop

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for the welcome.

I don't use it as my main line because it doesn't seem reliable enough in my area, which the map shows as not having much coverage. I haven't tested the phone in a good coverage area yet.

I've noticed that I have also need to adjust settings, like you have. I'm hoping FreedomPop eventually sends out an update so that those who don't know how to change the settings can have reliable service.

I had a problem the other day with the volume being too low and I couldn't change it even with the settings button within the call (the button either wasn't there or it wouldn't change the volume). It took me a few minutes and I was able to restart a setting within the Messaging app to get it working. I don't mind too much, I even enjoy it a little, but I think some people probably don't have the patience and just want it to work.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been fortunate ..No issues since we activated...But I think I did a ton of research before I activated--almost a month of research...LOL

can't wait to mess with the ZTE's

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    So, you would say FreedomPop is your primary line then? What plan are you on, and what about the kids?
    we all use freedompop free 500/200/500

for cell service we only use freedompop---My wife still uses sprint(but she pays here won bill)...

• Tamara SinclairTamara Sinclair Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    I do use it as my primary mobile line but i also have a land line that I use sometimes. The price has been unbeatable but the service so so. Many times I answer hello, hello....hello. Then someone answers back HELLO! After a few minutes it starts dropping, I'll have to say, say that again, I lost you! Over all it has been reliable enough for me with a little determination and patience on my part.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,352FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tobias, my wife says: not reliable enough.
    But, as spare backup phone, it has been handy a couple of times.

So for me it is not primary, or secondary, but tertiary.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Keith TryonKeith Tryon Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    The Sprint map says I have great 4G in my area, but I don't. Just the tiniest speck of signal showing on the phone. When I go to make a call at my house, it says the signal isn't strong enough to make a call and to connect to wifi. Sometimes it works though. Not enough that I'd trust it to leave the house with. But I did the BYOD and signed up for service just for fun, so it'll be like an extra house phone. If I leave the house, it'll be with my other Sprint MVNO carrier phone, which works fine.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a FreedomPop iPhone 5 with an S2. I really have to say that I am impressed with the service and I really like it. The only concern on an iPhone I have is with calls. For SMS texting I have a jailbreak and a tweak "SMS on GV" installed so I can text natively without issues. The issue comes down to calling, I can't make a proper call like I would want if my data connection is not good.

For my S2, I have to say it is an awesome phone and works perfectly like expected. The issue mainly comes down to I am not 100% used to Samsung devices since I don't like how TouchWiz is made. Battery life leaves a little to be desired but with some modifications and using Juice Defender ultimate I get at least 16 hours on it.
  • iPhone 4   FREEDOMiPhone 4 FREEDOM Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I use my FreedomPop phone mostly for data because the voice quality for calls is not so good. I have done a fair amount of experimenting with it and if I am not moving around, it is good as long as it starts as good. I have made calls while driving around and it has worked fairly reliably at times and at other tiimes not so great. It has been very sporadic. This testing took place where I live in Brooklyn, NY as well as Manhattan.

While visiting in saratoga Springs,NY 12866, I did a little experiment. First I placed a call using 3G, it was bothersome to the person I had called, so I tried 4G, and it was not as good as 3G. Then, I tried my Verizon phone using 3G DATA to make a call to the same person and it was as good as a regular voice call.

For what it is worth, I use my MagicJack app (called MagicApp ) to make and receive calls on my FP devices. I use the FP app to place calls from time to time to see how it is doing lately, because I am still rooting for the FP Team. I appreciate the recent update to the FreedomPop IOS dialer app which allows searching for your contacts versus scrolling, (and scrolling, I have a ton of contacts).

So, to answer the question as to whether I use my FreedomPop phone as a backup phone or a Primary phone, I always carry it because there are many times when I get a much better signal using FP than I do with my Verizon phone. It is about redundancy. Shall I say it again? That is a joke.

It is also very handy to have 2 iPhones on my person at all times for a couple of reasons. First since Verizon is not GSM, I can not use the DATA while making a phone call, so I can go online with the FP phone while talking on the other phone.

Another benefit is I have double the battery life, along with additional storage space which is nice.

If I had to rely on the FP as my only phone, no. Period. If it was the only option available to me, I would put it in a good location, such as next to a window or wherever it would have the best reception, and access it through either bluetooth (last resort), or a much better way, by a wired headset with a long enough wire. That could be acceptable. Just using a headset, which is wired (bluetooth does not have good sound quality) affords better reception by getting the phone away from your body or any other obstructions that reduce reception.

Just saying.

• Braiden HayesBraiden Hayes Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Use the hangouts app to make phone calls. It is much clearer and faster and works better on slower connections. It still is better on a 4g connection but works fine for me on 3g. I use it as my main phone