How is Your Call Quality over 3G?

olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
How is your call quality over 3G?

There are many who don't have 4G in their area or have a phone that is capable of WiMax when only LTE is in the area.

It would be nice to gather experiences on the call quality over 3G.

There are posts regarding call quality on a highway, but the experiences might have been with 4G LTE.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olrs‌
    with as many issues as people been having with Wimax, we keep our cells on 3g. Seem to be allot more dependable that trying to use 4g and dealing with the 4g data. It really depends on where you live.

I live South Seattle and we have great 3g-4g wimax and 4g LTE....But 3g is our preferred signal

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    How is the call quality on 3G? Do you find yourself needing to repeat things or needing to ask the other person to repeat what they said? What is it like when you call one of your kids and you're both on 3G? That is something I haven't tried. I wonder what the quality is like with both phones being on 3G.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    No we never have to repeat...every once and a while when we are on wifi, we might have issues when the kids are using the school wifi? 3g service here is way better than 3g voice.

My wife uses 3g voice, and we get signals where she don't...

Take a peek at this post I created--started out a post about the app, and ened up being a tips and tricks...Read the whole post-Other people added to it.

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-app-update-15-06-158-1213-updated-01-22-15/p1

I am about to change the title...I'll add tips and tricks..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Thank you. I've looked through that post before, but haven't read the whole discussion.

That's great that you're having a good experience with 3G. I really think FreedomPop should update the application so that more people experience the results you have from adjusting the settings. At least the settings can be changed. It almost looks like they allowed the community, yourself included, to experiment with the application and find the best settings.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the call quality over 3G.
  • Tamara SinclairTamara Sinclair Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    You know I don't always look at my phone to see if 3G is on or not, only if the call is dropped or I'm not making a connection. Typically, I experience random dropped calls and a delay when I call someone to answer me back. The quality does not match the price which is unbeatable. I like my phone and we have an agreement to put up with each others faults.

You know I don't always look at my phone to see if 3G is on or not, only if the call is dropped or I'm not making a connection. Typically, I experience random dropped calls and a delay when I call someone to answer me back. The quality does not match the price which is unbeatable. I like my phone and we have an agreement to put up with each others faults.

Thank you for posting your experience.

How often do you experience a dropped call or a delay that causes problems? What percentage would you say they drop?
  • Tamara SinclairTamara Sinclair Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    oh, about 20% I guess, it seems to go in spurts. I could be having 100% service for a week or so and then a string of calls over a few days just drop or the connection is very sporadic. Then things get better and I forget about the trouble and life goes on.