**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Extend battery life

HENRY COOKEHENRY COOKE Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
My battery does not last a day, even without use if I am not in Wi-Fi area. Is there anything I can disable to extend the life and still be able to receive calls.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HENRY COOKE
    Android phone and smart phone are way different that the phone we use to use in the past..

with having to use the freedompop messaging app....You avarage 6-8 hrs on a 1500mah battery---8-12hrs on a 1700 mah and 12-20hrs with the 2100 mah battery....

lg Viper 4g uses a 1600-1700 mah battery

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    The Viper is a decent phone, but has horrendous battery life. That being said, I'd recommend the following:

If you're not rooted, change the network mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA. If you can live with 3G coverage, the battery life becomes significantly longer. My issue has been that I have poor LTE reception in my house, so even on wifi it drains quickly. Do not use the Sprint Connections Optimizer, and do not use auto brightness. Auto brightness is way too bright at 100%, and it doesn't seem to change anyway.

If you're willing to root, you have much more versatility. First, you can remove many of the battery draining system apps like the Sprint Connections Optimizer and LG MLT, which I have no clue what it does. Whatever you do, do NOT remove Google Play Books, Play Movies, or Play Music, as this will cause the security check to fail at boot, and the only way to recover is a full reset using the LG Flash tool.

Greenify goes a long way towards stopping battery draining apps from running in the background, but still allows you to receive push notifications in a timely manner. Using a CPU tuner and running conservative governor helps some without compromising speed too much.

Also, probably one of the best tweaks I've found is using the Smart Network Xposed module. You can set it to automatically switch from LTE to CDMA when connected to wifi, which increases battery life with literally no impact on performance. You can also have it go to 3G when the screen is off if that's suitable for you.

Finally, instead of using the FreedomPop messaging app, you may have better luck with a Google Voice number and Hangouts dialer.

Hope this helps.