**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Slickdeals: $25 Motorola Photon Q LTE Smartphone

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
edited June 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

Only $24.99 + FREE Shipping! GET IT NOW!

Don't forget to UPVOTE this epic deal!

What is the deal?

A FreedomPop Motorola Photon Q LTE Phone for $24.99. You’ll be getting a one-month free trial of the Unlimited Everything Plan. That’s unlimited talk, text, and data. The first 1GB of data will be at 4G LTE speeds and all subsequent data will be at 3G speeds. The Unlimited Everything Plan normally costs $19.99/month.

You are always welcome to downgrade to the 100% Free Plan, which consists of 200 Voice Minutes, 500 Text Messages, and 500MB of 4G LTE/3G data. Downgrading can be performed directly on your online account page or on your phone. By breaking free from your current phone carrier and switching to FreedomPop, you can save hundreds of dollars every year!

Product Description:

Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE is a side-sliding global roaming Android smartphone with QWERTY keyboard and LTE support. Other features include a 4.3" display, 8MP camera, NFC and microSD memory slot.

Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    Apparently this battery is not supposed to be removed by the user. What will FreedomPop do if the battey doesn't work good on this device? Have new batteries been put in these phones?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olrs‌ It's going to be the same process like the iPhones, an RMA will be issued for an exchange :)
    @Ali‌ I don't know if I'd want to deal with that. I'd need to pay return shipping and the next phone might have the same problem. I like it better when they ship out another battery for free. That way there isn't a return shipping cost and I think they might have even sent out new batteries before.
    @olrs‌ RMA exchanges include a shipping label 95% of the time. I do agree that it is better to get a free battery by mail, but I heard great things about the battery life on this phone. If you prefer a removable battery, feel free to send me a PM and I can get you a deal for a ZTE Force for $24.99 with free shipping and no plan costs :)
    I didn't know they would pay return shipping if there was a problem. They only charge us if we decide to return because we change our mind? If they will pay if there is an issue I might purchase but I'm also concerned that they will send another phone with a bad battery.
    @olrs‌ Don't worry, FreedomPop devices are tested to be good. All devices are purchased through Sprint or Chinese Smartphone refurbishing companies. I would recommend the ZTE Force though if you're concerned about battery life :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olrs
    You could use the phone to replace the ZTE you already have to replace the HTC evo you have....

did you fix Your Card?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@Ali‌ I have read about a lot of people getting bad batteries. I am concerned more with this phone because it is not used removable. This one also isn't refurbished, it is certified preowned. I wonder what they do to test the battery if anything.

@njfulwider5‌ I'm not replacing any phones at this time, just adding more. I really would like to see the quality of these devices and the service to see if I can recommend them to others.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olrs
    It was a joke...You mentioned that you already have a ZTE and last night you tried to buy some of these..Been chatting about this with you for a few days..LOL

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I don't see anything saying they will pay return shipping if there is a problem. It says the customer is responsible for the return shipping.

@Ali are you sure they will pay return shipping for the phone if it has a bad battery?

I'm thinking there might be a lot of complaints if the batteries are bad. I'm not worried about the ZTE Force because if there is a problem I think they will send me a new battery. That can't be done with this phone.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this one have a SIM card ? How about the ZTE ?

PS I, too am a bit skittish about needing a battery. AAAND I already had ordered a ZTE Force.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @olrs
    here is the RMA paragraphs show in the support pages
    if you are eligible to return Equipment, please submit an Equipment return request by contacting us at (888) 743-8107. Specify the reason for the return, and include the model and MAC ID and we will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number to accompany your authorized return, which will also tell you where to ship the Equipment.

We cannot accept any return, without a RMA number.

Please pack the Equipment in its original packaging with the original carton contents that we provided you; and include a copy or your FreedomPop purchase receipt or other proof of purchase. All Equipment must be in like-new condition (reasonable wear and tear expected) and include all accessories included in original Equipment package. Refunds, deposit returns and exchanges will only be issued to the purchaser whose name appears on the purchase receipt. Please retain a copy of your purchase receipt for your records.

Once an RMA has been issued, you have 30 days to return the equipment for a refund. The RMA will expire after 30 days. Equipment subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or non-standard wear and tear, is not eligible for our return or exchange programs. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you are responsible for paying all shipping, insurance and any other costs in connection with your return of Equipment for any reason. FreedomPop reserves the right to refuse delivery of any Equipment if you have not paid such costs or FreedomPop may accept delivery and bill you for such costs.

I notice in the description it mentions global roaming. Is the phone able to be used internationally or has FreedomPop disabled that feature with their custom ROM?

There was a discussion about this in the forum but now I see it mentions it in the official description on the first post in this thread so I thought I'd ask for clarification.
    @njfulwider5 It looks like I will need to pay return shipping unless FreedomPop is extra nice. Thank you for the information.
    It seems to be sold out now.

Who ordered one (or more)?
  • Cyn HCyn H Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried to PM Ali & was denied & then was denied posting on the forum. I eventually received membership approval but this was after I went ahead & ordered the ZTE Force. I didn't want to miss out on the deal but there was no way to edit the order & it forced me to order with $19.99 month plan. I am unemployed but fed up with my current cell phone - I can only understand every other word of a conversation - which makes me sound inept when talking to possible employers.

Ali said, "feel free to send me a PM and I can get you a deal for a ZTE Force for $24.99 with free shipping and no plan costs"

Is there any way to cancel my order online & reorder or adjust my order? I sent a note to customer service requesting this & from what I've read, customer service is way backlogged.

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you 'checked out' was the total 24.99 or 44.98 ?
    If you paid only $24.99, then the first 30 days is a 'trial' of the $19.99 monthly unlimited everything. Once the ZTE ships, you can go and downgrade from the $20 plan. You'll be left with the Free 500 MB plan once downgraded. When checking back, should see the Plan showing as the 500 MB free one. As long as your usage of data is less than 500 MB at time of downgrade, then there should be no overage charges. 0 mb is great also.
    The Zte at the top of the page(freedompop Forum) is the first one I have seen like this. It is 24.99 plus 20 for unlimited, with the option for premier...premier being the only option you can uncheck.
    You can't get the ZTE for 25$, those are sold out...

@Cyn H hasn't revealed, yet the amount paid at ordering time. It could have been $25, $45, or even $55 for first month.
    Cyn H is similar to me, in that we are both low usage expectancy. Even if Cyn H got stuck with the $20 even for first month, it's still a great deal if all works out good and usable. If Cyn H downgrades soon after shipping, FP 'might' prorate the $20 fee. So could cost Cyn less than $30 for first month ! I think this is most economical solution that's fair to both Cyn & FP. Once downgraded, monthly costs are $0.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Rich Sias(16th) I agree with you. People forget that FP gives you plenty of option, the no contract thing! There are plenty of people who have joined FP and aside from the inital cost to join, have rident the bus for free or practicaly free after that!
    @Rich Sias (16th)
    I did not know about the Prorate...This is New to me? I figured once you paid for it, you was stuck with it for a month? Reason we get overages with downgrades?

Thanks for the info...

Some things prorate to user's disadvantage. Like if wait until near end of cycle and use 18 GB and downgrade an unlimited $20 deal on day 28 to 500MB in a month. So 2/30 of 18 is over a gig and so some charges for excess over 500/30 mb. That has happened to a few users. So downgrade on day 2 without using hardly any at all. The charge should be 2/30 of $20 with rest being returned. If all below 500 mb then no overage charges. I think I recall this happening ONCE to one user. It may not be policy, but one can always ask.
    does it go back into your credit card? or just as credit?

I might have to purchase another zte if this is the case.....

You rock Rich

oh--Thanks for the data---I seen in the other day.... :)

You're welcome.
    I got like three sticks, none work when plugged into any PC. No 3G or 4G ! So, just source of 1,500 MB to give to folks every month.
    hit any of my accounts up anytime...We owe you!!