**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to get into text app - "General Error" related to REFRESH_TOKEN_OATH_REQUEST

Erik HenriksonErik Henrikson Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
Background - everything was working until yesterday with a false "billing error" locked my account down. That was fixed thanks to @Javonni_Freedompop . However, now I am unable to send texts.

When I get to the text app (hit phone button, choose someone from directory, press the envelop button), I see a short display of app starting, then a "General Error!" message "There was an error while processing the request. {REFRESH_TOKEN_OATH_REQUEST} with only an "ok" button. It seems I can push "OK" as many times as I like and it will just return.

Once in this state, I have a square icon on the top which appears to be the "FreedomPop Setup" which says "Locaating user for device" - leaving this for hours doesn't appear to resolve anything.

Looking for similar issues on forum I found suggestion to reset the cache for the messaging app - found the reset location and it says 0 cache and the reset button is greyed out (presumably since there isn't anything to reseet)

Help/Suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erik Henrikson Please connect to cellular and then force clear the data and cache of your app. Then re open it and it should work.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you account is fixed like this, sometimes it can take up to 24 hour for Text message to come back on the androids..How long ago was it...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Erik HenriksonErik Henrikson Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie

After you account is fixed like this, sometimes it can take up to 24 hour for Text message to come back on the androids..How long ago was it...

The original issue was about 24hrs ago. Note that the issue just resolved seemed to start this morning - and affected initiating phone calls as well as txt msgs.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have issues with both?

have you attempted another profile and PRL after the admin did her thing??

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Erik HenriksonErik Henrikson Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@Erik Henrikson Please connect to cellular and then force clear the data and cache of your app. Then re open it and it should work.

Thank you for the reply.

Per your suggestion, I went into the messaging app and cleared all data, cache still has 0 showing and the clear button disabled so I didn't do that one. I have restarted the phone (a good reboot never hurts?) as well.

That appears to have fixed the problem! I'm able to compose/send text message now so that is a clear improvement.

Thanks again.
    Great News, Please enjoy the cell and feel free to @sign me anytime you have more issues, I am here all the time and usually answer back pretty quick.

Please enjoy your weekend!!! :)

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erik Henrikson Awesome! congratulations on getting your phone working again. Should you need more help, feel free to let me know and I will be able to assist :)
  • Senjaya HariantoSenjaya Harianto Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    got issue with same error
  • Randolph McKinneyRandolph McKinney Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have two problems: 1) the voice minutes has never shown correctly on my home page, 2) yesterday the phone stopped working. It cannot locate user for device. I get the error discussed above - {REFRESH_TOKEN_OATH_REQUEST}. I cleared the cache twice w/o success. Help.
  • Randolph McKinneyRandolph McKinney Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Today my phone has decided to work!