**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Freedompop hotspot not working after attempted change to $20 unlimited everything plan.

Samsung Victory 4G LTE Hotspot AOK during first 30 days. After tried change to $20 unlimited plan, now have hotspot error: "unable to connect to data network, turning off hotspot. Your plan may not have have the hotspot service, please contact your phone company."
Tech support unable to fix. Repeated PRL & Profile updates, and # #72786# (# #SCRTN#) no help. Have also tried System Data Reset and reactivating. Support confirmed my account was OK for hotspot, but still not fixed.
I really really REALLY want to pay for the promised $20 unlimited plan (which is supposed to include hotspot), but have downgraded to free plan until tech support gets this working. I suspect Sprint has provisioned to no tethering. Please fix!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you making sure to only use 4g when attempting to access the hotspot?

also have you used at least 1gb of one of the plans this month? used data usually carries over...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• walter robbinswalter robbins Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes on 4g, & tech support confirmed data plan (was 2gb+premier )
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @walter robbins For the time being I would use CWM tether (ClockWorkMod) which doesn't need a root to run. You will be able to tether with it on 3G/4G free :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @walter robbins
    what happened after you updated the profile and PRL?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

I need wifi hotspot for Chromebooks, CWM won't work, but thanks.
    It showed updated ok, but same error message on launching hotspot app. I'd be happy to send the phone back to reprovision and test on $20 unlim plan, but worried it would take weeks before I get it back.
    can you tether?(I have never owned a chromebook).....can you tether via usb instead?

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @walter robbins Did you try removing Premier and adding it again? You may want to search your email for a trial of Premier since if you got it then you may want to add it without being charged again.
    Chromebooks need wifi hotspot, no drivers or apps for usb or BT tethering.
    Premier was removed at end of trial period, then added again after hotspot failed, no help. This whole hotspot problem started the instant I changed plans, and no amount of upgrading or tech support has fixed it.
    What happens when you use a USB tether?

I can turn off wifi on Chromebook, and usb tether ok, but only using the wifi connection on the Victory. As soon as I disable the phone wifi and use only 4g, I lose the Internet. All I want and need is the Samsung Victory 4G LTE with Freedompop hotspot working again, but with the $20 Unlimited Plan. This appears to be a provisioning problem either with Sprint or Freedompop, I believe the phone is in good shape but Sprint boots off the wifi tethering.
    @walter robbins
    It was worth a shot...My android sometime will have issues highlighting the hotspot, and i plug it in for a few seconds and i have hotspot back? Just one of those maybe deals...

We can send a shout out to the admins here...maybe the'll see something we are missing?

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @JasmineS @Javonni_Freedompop ,
    can you guy take a quick peek? are we missing something?

wifi hotspot was perfect during the free trial period. Please set me up with the $20 unlimited everything (including hotspot). I'll send the phone back if you need to test it - as long as I can get it back in a few days. Thanks.
    Please escalate to VP of product Mauricio Sastre since he is quoted: “It’s sourcing the right devices, getting them activated properly, getting the logistics right, making sure that when the consumer gets the device that it operates properly and that there are no issues.” The issue is that things broke down at the end of the first 30 day period, when a change was made from the 'free trial' plan to another plan in an attempt to get the promised $20 unlimited everything plan including hotspot app. Thank you, Walt Robbins