**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

zte force lte & unlimited plan questions

weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
hi, my boyfriend is considering actually getting a smartphone, i thought we'd look into fp. looking at the zte promotion. does anyone know if the zte force is any good, esp for someone who has never owned a smartphone? also, what would the total cost w/tax & all be for the unlimited plan plus voicemail? thanks, liz

Best Answers

Answers

• weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @ali also, anything on the 4g issue w/my s3? thanks.
  • william thomaswilliam thomas Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I thought FP PROMOTED their free monthly service: 200min talk, 500txt, 5mb data. It is not available on the ZTE for some reason. Or the website is very poorly arranged. Also, I cannot look at other phone "products" if I login. clicking on a product returns me to my account page. And this has been true since I bought the phone months ago? Why is this still a problem.

I hesitate to recommend freedom pop to friends (obviously no freebies for me here). because of the sketchy website and billing practices after the 30 day free premiym trial. And now, there is no check/uncheck box fo that when ordering.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @william thomas
    sorry to hear about your issues, I don't work for freedompop, but I can help you get you device downgraded if you can't figure out the process.
    I can also help you with you issue when looking up other phones. Feel free to Pm me.

click on my avatar, and than click the message button top right hand corner, see pick

hope to hear from you soon.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker Sorry I wasn't around when you got that 4G issue fixed.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth Merker
    I forgot to mention--talking to rich, he mentioned something about downgrading the unlimited plan as soon as you activate--he said allot of the times, they will prorate the charge..take a quick peek at this post

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7274/slickdeals-25-motorola-photon-q-lte-smartphone#latest

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 yes, I believe it has to ship first. I will downgrade him to unltd phone/text. do you think the 500mb will be enough? he likes to yak on the phone :) I know he probably uses at least 1000 min. a month, not a big texter but he does text. I don't think he'll use much data otherwise.
    Ali said:

@Elizabeth Merker Sorry I wasn't around when you got that 4G issue fixed.

no apology necessary!
    @njfulwider5 I guess we can keep it the 1st month & see how much he uses. if there's a lot left over, i'll downgrade. thanks!
    No problem....You have me in PM if anything goes wrong...

don't know what I'd do without ya dude!
    don't know what I'd do without ya dude!
  • phonton Qphonton Q Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, I have a question about the unlimited talk and texts only for 4.99/month comes with the promotion. Said, it needs WiFi hotspot, like in McDonald and Bestbuy, etc. I won't want to have to talk in public every time I call. So, the 4.99 unlimited calls and texts are not really for me, right?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dan Sun You're able to use those unlimited minutes on your own WiFi router or cellular network if you wanted to.
    @ali doesn't that come w/500 mb data?

I thought FP PROMOTED their free monthly service: 200min talk, 500txt, 5mb data. It is not available on the ZTE for some reason. Or the website is very poorly arranged. Also, I cannot look at other phone "products" if I login. clicking on a product returns me to my account page. And this has been true since I bought the phone months ago? Why is this still a problem.

I hesitate to recommend freedom pop to friends (obviously no freebies for me here). because of the sketchy website and billing practices after the 30 day free premiym trial. And now, there is no check/uncheck box fo that when ordering.

@william thomas I have the free plan, it does include 200 free min, 500 free texts & 500 mb data. it works very well for me, I have wifi at home so I don't need that much data. just be aware-if you use 400 of your 500 mb your account will be frozen(that's a real pain, a lot of people don't know this). I've been using freedompop since march of last year, it actually is still in beta so they are constantly working out the bugs. trust me, there has been a lot of improvement in this time. you have to know how to deal with issues. these forums are really invaluable, please see njfulwider5's post FreedomPop 101: How to Use the Forum the freedompop pros are extremely helpful, administrators are able to get things done that the pros can't(the admins work for fp, the pros don't). I hope you will become comfortable with freedompop, I really love it.

@njfulwider5 now, I'm pretty sure my bf will need more than 500 mb for all his yakking, I would probably be able to give more than 100-200mb as a freedomfriend, who's gonna give him the rest? :) thanks for that info btw, I didn't realize the 4.99 plan didn't include any data. can we pm on this till we or you or I figure it out? thanks, you're the berries!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    For just 'having' 10 friends, you get 500 MB more. Plus any gifting you may receive. Pop me a pm, I'll send you my 8 addresses. Njfilwider5 lists his on personal page. Click his icon to go there. Just type in the invites.

Theoretical max is 500 free, 500 friends, and up to 500 gifting all per cycle. THEN you could sign up for stuff and earn more MB s. 1,500 MB = 1.47 GB. Getting gifts every month from friends can't be counted upon.

I plan to have like 509 or so left than on day 0 give 100 to five friends. Now are frozen with only 5 unused. And I was generous to five people. Wait a day, rinse and repeat. I hope to never sweat the 100 MB 'wall'.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs

@Elizabeth Merker
    I didn't know you only had a few freedom friends... :)
    @njfulwider5 I am an antisocial you know what :) ok, sounds like the 4.99 plan could be accomplished for his nibs. I'm about fried, back tmrw. thanks!

I have 8 accounts...and 400 plus freedompop friends.....I can hook you up...and he'll get the other 500mbs

just let me know if you need them...

@Rich Sias (16th) ok, didn't know that. is that per month? will check in tmrw, thanks so much! liz