**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Franklin U600 not working

Freya PopFreya Pop Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, everyone,

I got myself a U600, and it worked one time, which was the first time I installed the SmartView program (albeit I used so little my account shows no activity). Thereafter SmartView would show connected with a time counter going up, but I have no access on any browser whatsoever. What can I do to troubleshoot? Is it a driver problem (I don't even remember if I downloaded a driver).

I bought this as a test drive before I dig money for LTE devices, I recently broke up with Comcast, but I may have to go back if this doesn't work out :sweat:

P.S. I have Windows 8, am in a city that's covered by LTE, WiMax, and 3G (so it's not a signal problem, I think), currently only on the free 500mb plan.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Freya Pop
    Is it possible you used over 400mbs? If you connected it to you windows 8 pc and forgot to turn off windows update. There is a chance once you connected the device, it looked for updates and download..wiping out all your data...

If you have auto top up disabled, your device will suspend when it get close to 100mbs left-till your account rolls over to the next month.

I have windows 8.1 and they just released a couple of updates-Those 2 update both was around 700mbs..

Take a peek at your account online? and let me know---if you have plenty, make sure you have windows update off. and Hit me up...I might know a thing or 2 you can try.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Freya PopFreya Pop Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    My account shows no usage for two plan periods in a row, but I've just turned off updates just in case. I've also recently added friends so my cap should have increased regardless.

Also, I'm quite confused as to what I should see when I plug in the U600. I usually see the green 3G light on when I plug it in, and then when SmartView connects the lights turn off.

Here's my account summary:
    0.98 GB Total
    500 MB — Plan Data
    500 MB — Earn & Share
    You've used 0 MB (0%).

Any tips from the pro? :smile:
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    If SmartView is connected, you should see eithe 3G or 4G as connection. There will be button to switch to the other. There should be some bars too. If at least two or more bars, internet ought to be working. Can someone else chime in as to what the lights are at each step ?
    Tell us if any part is wrong, different fixes depending on which step broke.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Linda GarciaLinda Garcia Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I was looking for information about the accuracy of the usage meter also. I have the 2GB plan and it says: "You've used 178 MB (9%). 15 days left in your plan period" (this is the free 30 day trial offer with the Franklin U600) I would like to know how reliable the data usage meter is? If I can see that it appears to fit my needs I want to use this as my permanent carrier so I can drop VZ wireless...anybody know how up to date the information is? Thanks!
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Linda Garcia The usage meter is pretty accurate however it updates every 3 hours.