Freedompop data no longer working on my Galaxy S2

Chris JamesChris James Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I've been using Freedompop on my Galaxy S2 for the last 6 months, but now can only use it on Wifi; it seems the phone can no longer connect to 3G. I've tried:
- Update PRL (Fails with "PRL update could not be completed.... Error: unknown error" error)
- Update Profile (Fails with "can't update at this time" error)

This phone was working until just recently, and I'm nowhere near my data cap for this month. Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris James
    what does it say when you go online and look at your account? do you have more than 100mbs of data? how much text and voice do you have?

also have you tried to update the profile and PRL on a wifi network with out security settings...Places like College campuses and Shared networks have issues updating the profile and PRL. Make sure the wifi you use is not shared like those.

Sometimes resetting the home network can help also...

let me know and I might now a few thing we can try..

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Chris JamesChris James Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Turns out it was that my account had, mysteriously, no plan enabled. Seems after 5 or 6 months using it regularly, it just turned itself off? Anyway, someone suggested I "downgrade" to get the plan turned back on, and that worked.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #4
    @Chris James
    glad you got it figured out-feel free to @sign me if you need anything else

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris James Great to hear! Congrats on getting up and running, should you need more help let anyone of us know.