Phone stuck on Samsung Galaxy S3 Splash screen after 83mb update

My phone will not get pass the splash screen after performing this 83mb update, I was rooted and I am still able to go into recovery, I have tried clearing cache as well as system restoring and both have been unsuccessful. Someone give me a solution please.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately FreedomPop won't be able to support rooted devices at this time.
  • Aaron  Smith Photon F3Aaron Smith Photon F3 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I thought rooting was supported though as some of the freedompop phones are shipped already rooted.
    @Aaron Smith Some of the early Evo 4G's had a different recovery and some root binaries present so it appeared they were rooted however they weren't.
  • Aaron  Smith Photon F3Aaron Smith Photon F3 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I found out how to fix the problem, you have to flash the tar file on the phone with Odin. If anyone needs help just PM me.
    @Aaron Smith Great to hear you're good to go. Just try to remove that root and even support will be able to help too ;)
  • BeejBeej Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Actually, @Ali the S3 comes rooted. We purchased my wife's from FP, I did a root checker when it arrived and the response was the phone was rooted. This was fresh out of the FP box. I took that ROM off her phone and posted it if anyone wants a fresh install. You can find the thread somewhere on here or just PM me for the link.
  • BeejBeej Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Sorry, @Ali , just realized we have already talked about that ROM, I need some rest.
  • skylineskyline Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I just received my S3 this afternoon 3/26/15 and can confirm it is rooted right out of the box. Any advice on how to proceed with the 83 MB update? Does doing it via Kies eliminate the problems? I just got it so I don't want to spend the weekend trouble shooting. Thanks....