BYOD S3 4gLte calling

M DeanM Dean Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I have an issue with receiving calls while on LTE after my S3 is idle for a few minutes. When I have the phone on cdma only (3g) calls will ring through all day long just fine. My LTE signal is good about 3 to 4 bars and my 3g signal is the same. When I switch the phone to LTE I can recieve calls initially but after I set the phone down and remain idle for about 5-10 mins I make a test call to it and it will not ring at all. When on 3g it will ring all day long when test calls are placed to it. Texts have the same results.

So I just leave the phone on 3g and it's very reliable but I would like to take advantage of my lte coverage.

I have tried just about everything suggested in the forums, msl reset, updated prl and profile. FP app settings are tweaked to what is suggested. So I am at a loss as to what it is considering it functions as it should on 3g. I hope somebody else has had the same issue and might have a fix.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @M Dean
    when you switch it to LTE and you pick it up to make a call--so you wait for it to find the signal again before you attempt?

what happens if you pause before a call?--You sound like you have tried everything.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• M DeanM Dean Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the quick reply.

When I select different network modes the phone will reboot each time, but yes I wait for about 2 mins after the phone has rebooted, and yes each time I place a quick call to my home number just to make sure it's able to make a call out. I can place a test call to it initially while it's on LTE but after say 10 mins a test call won't go through. On 3g it will multiple times.

My 3g signal is alittle better 4 bars on average compared to my LTE signal which is on average 3 bars, I don't know if this can be the cause or not but settings wise I think I have ruled out everything. It's just alittle annoying that it won't function correctly on LTE.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    @M Dean It appears your account was out of sync on our end, if you are still experiencing issues please keep us updated :)
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,281FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @M Dean how is the 4G, now? Is it working better than 3G ? About the same ? or no change ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try a PRL upgrade? Go to Settings -> System Update -> Update PRL/Profile.
    I'll switch back over to LTE, update the prl/profile and let it sit over nite, will let you know late morning if it still does the same thing.
    @Jorge M.

I left the S3 on LTE overnight and tried several test calls to it this morning not once did it ring. I brought up the FP app and placed another call to it and it rang, left it running in the background by hitting the home button and placed a test call and it rang, I waited about 5 mins did the same again and no ring. I can leave the phone for days on 3g and calls always get through to it. Outbound calling works flawlessly on 3g/lte, the same behavior for texts.

So this is the issue after leaving the phone idle on lte for a period of time inbound calls don't get through, I'm assuming a ring trigger packet? When the phone is on 3g they get through. I've had a chance to observe signal levels on both network modes and the primary spot I have the phone they are the same levels.

I don't understand what is going on.
    @Jorge M.
    @Ali
    @Rich Sias
    @njfulwider5

Thought I would try one more post before I give up totally on using LTE. Anybody else have any input on this?