**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Messaging apps will not work

Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
I cannot seem to get other messaging apps to work with my LTE-300 other than the one it came with, which is the freedom pop version. I would like to use hang-ups or another one that is just called messaging. The FreedomPop version seems to be intertwined with my FreedomPop phone app. I wonder if that's the problem, or if it is a default program issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Additionally, when I try to confirm my phone number in hang-ups, which is a Google app, I get a Google confirmation code which is receive with my current FreedomPop app which I have no Idea what to do with. The code is about 15 characters long. Any thoughts, I have tried to read up on this but hang-ups documentation is no help.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton Looks like you may need to force stop the messaging app and try again. It should work afterwards. Good luck!
  • Hello @Simeon Walton are you still experiencing this issue?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, never figured out how to make any other messaging app work other than the Freedom Pop App. I hate this app because if you are having a conversation and put the phone down to do something it does not tell you when someone replied. I will only do this when the phone is off.
  • Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Additionally, I find that the help text provided by the app developers is no help at all. I have done my best to set up the apps as they say to do in their instructions but, alas, no go. I have force stopped the other installed Messaging app, I have tried to change the default but their doesn't seem to be a default setting for messaging apps. To be honest, at this point, I have just given up. At the end of the year I am going to get rid of this phone and go with a phone that does not have proprietary programs that you cannot delete. I find this to be one of the biggest problems with this phone, not to mention it is overloaded with these programs.
  • Carlos Arturo Polanco RCarlos Arturo Polanco R Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    i just activated my phone yesterday and i can send or receive text, call is clear no problem but the texting is a problem
  • matskematske Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem with messaging here. When I use stadard Messaging app, I get a reply that says messaging not allowed.