**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Calling / receiving calls with the Freedom Spot

David OliverDavid Oliver Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
If I understand correctly I can a use Wifi to connect my phone with the Freedom Spot then place / receive calls on my phone. Is this correct? Is there some instructions I can read about this process?

Am I limited to android Apple phones or can I also use Windows phones? I'd love to pick up a Nokia 808 or 1020 for the camera. Do I need the FP messaging app to place and receive calls?

Thanks in advance,

David

Best Answers

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry, on the freedompop branded phones, you can use other voip apps..but there is a little work around and its hard to delete the freedompop messaging app...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• David OliverDavid Oliver Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the quick response Ali,
    That is what I suspected. The "free minutes" plus "free data" depends upon the FreedomPop messaging app, which is iOS / Android only (at this time).

My guess is that the FreedomPop messaging app also ensures the incoming calls work properly.

I'd love to be an unpaid programmer for FreedomPop helping port their messaging app to Windows Phone.
  • Viju JamesViju James Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali You mentioned that you got Lumia 920 working with a SIP client. I have been trying to get that work with my 920 and came accross your post. Could you let me know what you did to get that work? Which SIP client and the how to retrieve SIP user information? Thank You