Battery won't last for a day

Alvin TseAlvin Tse Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I got the phone in January 2015. The phone lost 50% of battery for just turning on without doing anything in half of a day. I really feel upset about this. But what can I do? Found the customer services phone # but can't get contact with anyone. Waiting for about a month for a lemon! Is that normal for all refurbished phone? I think that really hurt the image of freedomPop.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alvin Tse
    most android are like this

I think I get maybe 6-8 hours on a 1500mah battery

I get around 8-10 hours on a 1750mah battery

and the 2100 on the S3 i can get around 12-14 hours

I have even purchased a 3500mah battery and it last maybe 20-24

androids and freedompop messaging app this is about normal

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alvin Tse If you use an app like Battery Doctor or Juice Defender then you could save your battery life from dying quickly.
  • Alvin TseAlvin Tse Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't know. Start from I received the phone, I can not use it at all. I am not sure if this is acceptable for a fully charged battery only last for half day for just turning it on (without making a phone call or anything). May be something wrong with the battery itself?
  • wil0523wil0523 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I think with these recertified phones, you either have good luck or bad luck on the first try. The first FreedomPop Galaxy S3 I bought from Newegg wouldn't even turn on, had ink stains and sticker residue on the case, and a tiny scratch on the screen. I returned it for a replacement and luckily the 2nd one I got, which I'm using now, looks and works like new.

I didn't have a problem with my S3's battery, but honestly I don't think FreedomPop puts fresh ones in all their recertified phones. So, depending on the previous owner's use, you either get a phone with a lot of battery life left or one with very little. I went ahead and bought a new battery, since I like having a spare anyway, just in case. I got this Ravpower brand 2250 mAh with NFC from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KNJJPSG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and it lasts a little bit longer than the original Samsung battery.

Also, I didn't like the generic plug-in charger supplied by FreedomPop. I think it's only 500mA max so it took forever to charge my phone to 100%. I bought the OEM Samsung charger rated at 2Amps (2000mA) also from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF34B0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and I can get a full charge (when battery is below 20%) in about 2 1/2 hours

To further save power, I turn off things like Location, Bluetooth, haptic feedback, turning them on only when needed.