**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop Premier Hotspot won't work, error #67

I've been paying for the FreedomPop Premier pack for several months now mostly because I occasionally need to use the hotspot service. But it hasn't worked for the last few months.

When I turn on the hotspot, I get a message saying "unable to connect to data network" and saying my carrier might not be supporting hotspot service.

I can occasionally get the hotspot on, but there's no connection to the internet.

Suggestions please?

Chris

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually a error 67 is a bad connection...its activated, but it can not connect.

Have you looked at your coverage map to make sure your in a solid area?

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

make sure to click data, and make sure you look at the phone 4g wimax

also make sure your using 4g when you attempt to use the hotspot-It wont work on 3g

let me know about the coverage

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Teresa AndrewsTeresa Andrews Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi, and thank you for your help.

I traveled through some locations today with strong 4g signals displayed. When I tried the hotspot, I didn't get the error 67, but I still got the "unable to connect to data network..." contact your carrier message.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you attempt a PRL and Profile update? This will switch the APN to the proper tethering one allowing you to tether :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea david, when you get the unable to connect to the data network, sometimes a prl update helps

Try call customer service, because the admins wont be back on till Monday morning,,

ask them to take a peek account wise and see if you was affected by the bug we had last weekend

numbers are in my signature

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop