**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Porting Account/PIN?

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 193 admin
edited June 2017 in Porting #1

What are the requirements to Port In my phone number?

• A one-time fee of $9.99
  • You will need the Account Number, and the PIN number, from your previous carrier.
  • Unless otherwise specified below, please contact customer service for your previous carrier, to make sure you have the correct Account ID and PIN.

What Carries are Supported?

Alltel
-Your account # is the 10-digit phone number and passowrd is the 4 digit PIN
Airvoice Wireless
-Account # is the SIM Card number and password is last 4 digits of phone number.
AT&T
- Please contact AT&T customer service to get your Account # and PIN
AT&T Business
AT&T GoPhone
Boost Mobile
-Your Account # is not your phone number. Contact customer service if you do not remember it.
-Your PIN is the one used for online login
Black Wireless
- Please contact their customer service to release your phone number
- Request account number and PIN
Budget Mobile
-The account number is listed on your www.budgetmobile.com/account/ account page.
-The passcode is the last four digits of your phone number.
BYO Wireless
-Log into www.budgetmobile.com/account/ with your BYO credentials to see your account number.
-The passcode is the last four digits of your phone number.
Cincinnati Bell
- You set your PIN 24 hours before starting the port. Contact Cincinnati Bell customer service to begin.
Credo Mobile
-Text ACCOUNT to 27336 to get your Account Number.
-There is no passcode, use 1234 if the service you are porting to requires one.
Cricket
- Account number can be found online or by calling the Cricket Porting Department at 1-866-351-7678 (then option #2). The passcode will be your Authorization ID (or "AID").
H2O Wireless
- Your Account # is your SIM's ICCID number
- Your PIN is the last four digits of your ICCID
MetroPCS
- Please contact MetroPCS customer service to get your Account # and PIN
Sprint
- Please contact Sprint customer service to get your Account # and PIN
Straight Talk
- Your device's MEID/IMEI is your Account # (If your device was BYOD, the last fifteen digits of your ICCID is your Account #)
- There is no PIN, so you can just enter 0000
T-Mobile
- Please contact T-Mobile customer service to get your Account # and PIN
T-Mobile Prepaid
- Your ten digit phone number (with "1" in front, so 11 digits total) is your Account #
- Contact T-Mobile customer service to set your PIN
TracFone or Net10
- Your device's MEID/IMEI number is your Account #
- The last four digits of your phone number is your PIN
TPO
- Account numbers and passcodes are only available by calling customer service at 844-876-8326
SafeLink Wireless
- The account number is the phone's serial number IMEI or MEID. There's no passcode.
Ultra Mobile
- Please contact Ultra Mobile customer service to get your Account # and PIN
Telcel America
- Account # is NOT the Phone Number – It is the MEID or IMEI serial number of the phone (this can be found on the back of the phone itself - under the battery, so remove the battery!) Or, if you are using a BYOP SIM Card, it will be the last 15 digits of your SIM Card number. You can also view the account number in the My Account section of the Telcel America website by clicking "Add (or Edit) Nickname".The passcode can be found on your online Telcel America My Account page by clicking Update Personal Profile where it's listed as Current Security PIN. If That field is blank, be sure to set up a passcode PIN before porting.
U.S. Cellular
- Please contact U.S. Cellular customer service to get your Account # and PIN
Verizon Wireless
- Make sure you do not enter dashes when you try to port your number
Verizon Wireless Prepaid
- Your ten digit phone number is your Account #
- Contact Verizon Wireless customer service if you do not know your PIN
Vonage
- Please contact Vonage customer service to get your Account # and PIN
Walmart Family Mobile
- Dial #225# to view your account number.
- Call Wallmart Family Mobile for the passcode.

How to start the Port In Process

Note: Do not terminate your existing service! Your account with your previous carrier must be active at the start of the process. If you cancel service before the port completes, your account may be closed prematurely and you will lose your number.
  • Select a FreedomPop number first (we provide you with a number for free).
  • Go to the My Account tab
  • Select Phone Number from the list
  • Click on Transfer Existing Number and enter your information.

All wireless carriers typically require at a minimum:

Phone number you are porting
Account number
PIN or password
Account holder's name
Billing address
Billing phone number.

You can click here for a step by step video instructions on how to port in your existing number!

Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015 #2
    C Spire - Account number is your account number on file, the PIN is either your billing password if you have one or the last 4 digits of your SSN

FreedomPop (porting out to different carrier only) - Account number is your 10 digit phone number and your password is the last four numbers of the phone number.

RingTo - Account number is your 10 digit phone number and your password is the last four numbers of the phone number.
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali between this & the youtube video(see freedompop channel), porting should be much more diy now, great info! i have this post faved as well as the video.
    @weanut I agree. Porting is better DIY style :)

I am hopefully working to get all carriers Porting information up here soon!
    @ali hoping to do it on the zte force, I'm so stubborn I probably will no matter how long it takes & how much I scream! :)
    edited September 2016 #6
    Post edited by Ali on
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Great post! Duly noted.
  • Simon YueSimon Yue Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Just want to update everyone that porting from VIrgin Mobile doesnt work. Theres a bug for porting from Virgin Mobile. You can't receive text or calls from other carriers if you port in a Virgin number to freedompop.
    @Ali :) yes, I got the zte for my 'other half', @Simon Yue I hope we can get this straightened out for you, i'll see if I can get you some help. I have messaged someone who may be able to help you, I will update as soon as I hear something.
    @Simon Yue This is actually fixable with FreedomPop, porting from vm works.

@weanut w00t, mine should be here anytime soon.
    @Simon Yue should have some info for you soon(like, today), hang in there. thanks!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Simon Yue Sorry to hear this Simon, we are not currently aware of such issues with Virgin Mobile but we will be taking a closer look, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
  • Steve HuckinsSteve Huckins Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Has anyone ported a number in to Freedom Pop from Skype? I have a Skype online number. I can make/receive calls with it.
  • Simon YueSimon Yue Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    I think maybe its due to a land line issue with google voice that freedompop uses? I still cant receive calls and text after porting. You can try calling my freedompop number 6172331537 and after the 4th ring u will get an error message saying the number is invalid and doesnt exist. My phone doesnt ring at all but the caller will hear 4 rings and an error message. Dont know if freedompop can fix this bug because its over a month now. I can call/text people and surf though but no incoming calls or text.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Simon Yue Actually Freedompop does not use google voice for numbers/porting. They use a company called Bandwidth (which happens to be the same company used by google voice and other VOIP providers).
    @Steve Huckins I found this from the Skype Forums -
    Hello,
    Porting out is possible, but porting in is not supported.
    First, contact your telephone operator. If the operator can port out the number from Skype telecom partner to their network, they will ask you to provide some additional information. In addition to your full name, you may be asked for:
    An account number - this is your Online Number you wish to port over. Your billing address - the address you entered when purchasing the Online Number.
    This information will then be verified by Skype’s telecom partner. Once the information is verified, your porting request will be approved.
    For more information on the time it will take for your number to be ported out, please contact your telephone operator. ---- Basically you need to make the request to your phone service operator where you wish to port this number, confirm billing information and then your operator and Skype partner will do the rest :wink:
  • Melinda WolfeMelinda Wolfe Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I requested to have a number ported in March 17. I have made numerous calls trying to find out as to what is taking so long. I am told that the number is still porting. As of yesterday I was told that it was with bandwidth. How much longer is it going to take? And why when you are told that someone will call you if you are disconnected or a supervisor will call you back. I have yet to have been called. Beyond frustrated
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Melinda Wolfe Are you trying to port a number into or out from FP? Normally number port are completed in 24 - 48 hours. With some providers the port can take up to 5 business days. If the port takes longer than 7 business days that is usually an indication there is a problem with the port (ie data submitted for the port not matching what the losing provider has on record).

There are some providers that porting numbers out of are difficult.
    @Melinda Wolfe Richard Allen is our resident porting expert. if you are still having difficulties, let us know what company you want to port into or out of. then we can try to figure out what's going on. @Richard Allen if this started on 3/17, maybe get the admins in?
    I have called Safelink/tracfone twice to find out what needs to be done to have the number ported. They said that FreedomPop needs to call them to get the number ported into FreedomPop.
    @Melinda Wolfe

Here is the procedure for porting your tracfone number to FP.

1) verify you have a FP number assigned to your phone. If you do not have a number assigned to the phone you will not be able to port your number.
    Log into your FP account. Go to my account, phone number. If there is no number assigned enter your area code, click search numbers and select a number.

2) Go to my account, phone number and click on the transfer a number tab.
    Enter the number you want to port. On the next page enter your account number, pin and billing address you have on record for tracfone.

Porting should be completed in 24 - 48 hours. If it takes longer than that you probably will need admin assistance to get the port completed.

Here is the information for account and pin number

Straight Talk (also TracFone) - Account # is NOT the Phone Number – It is the MEID or IMEI serial number of the phone (this can be found on the back of the phone itself - under the battery, so remove the battery!) Or, if your are using a BYOP SIM Card, it will be the last 15 digits of your SIM Card number. Passcode can be found on your online Straight Talk or TracFone profile page and is usually last 4 digits of the phone # or, for BYOP SIMs, the last four digits of the SIM ID. If no passcode is listed, set one up before porting.
    I have done all of the above and still waiting
    @Melinda Wolfe ok, will round up an admin or 2 for you. thank you for being so patient. i will let them know this is a priority, hopefully will be resolved soon.
  • Deborah MatthiesDeborah Matthies Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Just checked the porting page, and there's an obscure message in Red that is asking for my PIN again.

When I entered my Verizon PIN, the FreedomPop website wouldn't accept the code (it is in text, not a number). It accepted the last 4 digits of my SSN, but that isn't my PIN.

I can't find a single link on this site to send some person a message, or to call support.

Does anyone work for FreedomPop? Why can't I get support?
  • PooleywootchPooleywootch Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been trying to port my phone number from Freedom Pop to another carrier for over a week and I can't. Freedom Pop keeps saying my information is incorrect when it's not. I have the correct account number, pin number, name, address... they verified my information was correct 5 days ago and I was told I needed to call back in 3 days. Now, they are saying my information is incorrect and I have to wait another week to transfer my number! Can anyone help me? I tried posting this on this forum under my regular account (that is registered with my FP account), but it wouldn't allow me to post anything... so I had to make up a new account name, and now I can post things. What is going on? Am I being censored? I also can not use Freedom Pop app to answer calls, make them, or look at texts or write them. Everything keep freezing up on my phone. Freedom Pop, please help!
    @Pooleywootch don't know what's going on with your issues with posting, or porting, but see if you can just post a new question with this account, say porting and account issues. you can give the info you gave here. an administrator should get back to you, and you can pm the personal info. it shouldn't take too long for someone to get back to you, this is the best way i know of to get help on freedompop.