**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Google Voice + Hangouts + Hangouts Dialer not working for texts

Hi, I am trying to use Google Voice + Hangouts + Hangouts Dialer to send/receive MMS, but I can't even get it to send simple text messages. I have created a Google Voice account and ported my number to it, then installed Google Voice, Hangouts, and Hangouts Dialer. When I try to confirm my number within the Hangouts app, all I get is a google verification code coming into my FP messaging app. But it seems Hangouts doesn't successfully confirm my number.

Whenever I try to send a message through Hangouts, I get the "You are not allowed to send text messages. Msg 2120" error. Can somebody help me with this please?

Best Answer

Answers

• Moises AlmaguerMoises Almaguer Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Richard, thanks for your response. It seems like Google Voice can't port my FP number at the moment. I had to create a new number with GV and use that as my Hangouts number.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @moy12 Google voice can only port numbers from cell carriers. FP because it is a voip is considered a landline. The only way you would be able to port your FP number to google voice would be to first port to a prepaid cell carrier (like straight talk) then port the number from straight talk to google voice.

There is another company that you could port your number to but they currently do not have MMS. They are working on it and should be turning it on some time in Q2 of this year.