problem with texting and calling

So I have had my galaxy sIII, purchased from freedompop, for little over a week. My problem is that it wont send texts or calls unless I have wifi, even if the indicator above says I have bars coverage. I also know its not the coverage because if I turn my data on it will let me send the message or call. I have no idea what to do, please help me!!! :(

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to upgrade your PRL and Profile? Simply go to Settings -> System Updates -> Update PRL/Profile.
  • Kathy PearceKathy Pearce Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I've tried, it hasn't helped.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,281FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I hear right ?
    1. Wifi turned off.
    2. See bars
    3. Can't call
    4. Can't text
    5. Turn on data
    6. Now can call
    7. Now can text.

Did I misinterpret something ?
    If I did not, then your phone works great !
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the S3 you have to turn on the data to use this...Please try and turn on the data...

on the settings page-very top, click data

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Right, that's exactly my problem. What is wrong?
    Wait... are you saying to text with an sIII I have to have data on?
    @Kathy Pearce You will need to have data on to call and text. Calls are VoIP but do not take data from your monthly allotment.
    But texts do take from my monthly allotment even while on data?
    @Kathy Pearce The FreedomPop Messaging app is whitelisted so it will not take anything from your allotment.
    Oh okay, awesome. Thank you :)