Using this phone in Brazil

azulsfazulsf Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I just purchased this phone and I plan to activate in Brazil. I plan to be in Brazil for 5 months. What are the best plan/options for me? Can I get a local number? What are the rates for me to call another cell phone? Is there a local carrier that can handle this phone? Help!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @azulsf You will be able to get a local Brazilian phone number for $4.99 a month and it will use your current plan. Be sure to get the 100 minute international plan as well and you shouldn't be charged anything to call a Brazil number.

In Brazil, your device will function as a WiFi only device and you will not be able to get cellular service from FreedomPop.

Since the S3 doesn't have a SIM card, you won't be able to use a GSM service provider in Brazil. You could purchase a WiFi hotspot that's unlocked to use there.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your out of Luck unless you can find a local Carrier that offers hotspots in brazil. Unless you plan on using in a home that has wifi and you don't plan on using outside of the house.

No Sprint Cellular data in Brazil

But I bet you can figure out something

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop