Hard to communicate with FP phone.

hojoong junhojoong jun Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I just purchased FP S3 phone. However, I found that someone who listens my voice is not clear and chopping voice.
I didn't know because I could hear someone's voice well. later many people who called me...they complaint about it.
I tried to use a hand free device, but same result so I believe that it's not the phone problem.
( the phone looks not new though)
I doubt that real phone number is 500-xxxx and porting 702-xxxx.
If I give up my area phone numbers and request new 500 area phone numbers, should it be better connection???
Anyone has a good suggestion???

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hojoong jun Did you try to enable all codecs for your messaging app? You can attempt to do so if you go to your messaging app settings and then going to codecs and selecting all for the fast and slow tabs.

Also if you do a PRL and Profile update at Settings -> System Update -> Update PRL/Profile you could potentially get better voice connection over cellular.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also please set your voice Clock rate to 44.1kHz.
  • wil0523wil0523 Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I used these settings found on the FreedomPop device support pages - http://support.freedompop.com/Device/FreedomPhone/39387662/How-can-I-improve-voice-quality.htm

How can I improve voice quality?
    On your Settings page, click Menu, click ‘Expert Mode’. Then go to Media:

- Noise reduction = on
    - Media Quality = 5
    - Codecs, Fast = OPUS, slow = OPUS
    - Speaker amplification = 0.0db
    - Auto connect Bluetooth

Audio Troubleshooting (If still having issues):
    - Use webRTC = off (fix bluetooth)
    - Use Samsung Galaxy Hack = on (if Galaxy devices)
    - Mic Source = Voice_call (for S2, = Mic)
    - Audio Mode for SIP calls = In_call
    - Audio Implementation = Java

I didn't select all codecs on the list. Just opus 16 kHz for both Fast and Slow. It seems like the best one for quality and low latency http://www.opus-codec.org/comparison/
  • hojoong junhojoong jun Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    It was little improved, but it was still delaying and noisy.
    The phone no longer able to turn it on after freeze.
    I think my phone Rom was damaged after changing setting or system update.
  • hojoong junhojoong jun Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am waiting to get RMA numbers by email. I tried to recovery option (power+home+volum up) but I didn't work. I can't turn it on now.
    why it happened to me? I just system updated that day and went to messenger app to change options...Is it my bad to get a pre-owned phone from FP?