**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Franklin Wireless U602 4G radio turned off

Erik YedwabErik Yedwab Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I just received my U602 yesterday. I signed up for the Pro 500mb 4G/3G plan.

I noticed that I am only getting 3G, so I went into the admin url provided, and I see that the 4G radio is turned off.

I logged in to the admin site, and I cannot find anyway to turn on the 4G radio. I have tried with wireless on, and wireless off on my laptop, and neither makes a difference.

If I cannot use this at 4G, it is pretty much worthless to me, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also looked at the device itself to see if there were any switches, and I just don't see any.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Erik Yedwab What plan are you subscribed?
  • Aaron SteeleAaron Steele Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the 2GB with premier plan, just got the 602 (it said it was going to be a u600 when I ordered it) and it has no option to switch to 4G, it's blanked out. I checked the coverage map, and everything within 100 miles of me has 4G LTE coverage.
    http://puu.sh/fQl7T/5db3df1823.png
    http://puu.sh/fQkxz/4495cb3b74.png
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aaron Steele
    Check the wimax coverage-device is Wimax not LTE

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• doug kandoug kan Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5 this issue is U600/602 itself, not Wimax coverage -- 2 other users and I also have this "4G radio off" problem reported here. I have Overdrive/Overdrive Pro/Photon all works fine with Wimax.

@doug kan
    Aarron Steele is referencing LTE....just letting him know these devices are wimax

Your problem might be different-Did you start your own post? and have you gotten any answers?

But thanks for letting me know about your Radio issue

I actually own a few of these..

are you using the software? Sprint Software?

I do think theres an issue with the WiMAX radio not working properly for quite a few devices. I own an ODP which the WiMAX won't connect at all.

If u600 devices are showing this as well then theres a bigger problem than originally thought.
    Just dbl check-mine seem to be working fine...

If you need any help account wise, please let me know

no matter what, we'll figure out the problem today....

let me know everything you tried?

• Erik YedwabErik Yedwab Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have tried going into the URL provided, and tried changing the radio, but it is not able to be clicked, doesn't work at all. Tried with wifi on laptop on and off, nothing gets the 4g radio on, and I don't see anything physical on the device itself, so not sure what else to try, open to suggestions.
    @njfulwider5 there is another post "4G radar wouldn't work" by Jiaping under "Freedom Stick Bolt (4G)" catagory, and 3 of us report the issue. I did not use any software, U602 plug in to PC and 3G works (even I only on free plan), but no 4G and no way to change in 192.168.14.1
    Try using the software, It is required when you use this device-to use 4g

if you have a 3g/4g plan, it will work on a device without the software....But I was unsure about 4g...

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/sprint_u600.shtml

give it a go and report back

@doug kan Sprint Smartview is definitely needed for the u600. Which OS do you use?
    @Ali I don't think it make sense to need Sprint Smartview for U600 - it suppose to be plug and go in windows 8. Anyway, I install the Sprint Smartview, open it, plug U600, then Sprint Smartview said "No connectivity hardware was found"! and my U600 still can use 3G same time (1.1Mpbs download speed), and still "4G Radio off" at 192.168.14.1. so what next?
    edited February 2015 #15

Try using the software, It is required when you use this device-to use 4g

if you have a 3g/4g plan, it will work on a device without the software....But I was unsure about 4g...

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/sprint_u600.shtml

give it a go and report back

above is the link

with the software, you get 4g access

without the software, you can not turn of the 4g....and is 3g only(I learned this the hard-way)--I created a tutorial here--but it to make it 100% free...has the links there to..

just give it a try, you can always uninstall if it don't work for you..

Hope this helps

@Ali @njfulwider5 it is interesting to read in another post about bolt (titled "how to connect to internet on vista using bolt") you two repeatedly said "You do not need to use Sprint Smartview for the bolt", "You don't need smartview with the U600, it is Plug and play as long as it is activated.....I have tested to confirm.", and here you two all said U600/602 have to use Smartview :)
    @doug kan Actually the thing is you don't have the Bolt. You have the u600.

Also that post was from Joe stating you don't need the software and we had an argument stating we do need it. Good times!
    to be clear, I have u602, so it is bolt or not? and need the software or not? i did installed the software and it did say 'no hardware found' when the u602 was on 3G same PC same time. thx
    edited February 2015 #19
    @doug kan
    You don't need the software to use this device...--it will work after it is activated(as long as you turn on the 4g or you have a 3g plan--That post has nothing to do with any argument--It is a tutorial on how to get the U600 Free....

But to turn on 4g, you need the software---I have over 100 of these sitting at my house right now--Think I have had the pleasure of testing them every single way possible....I also own a crap load of PC's...and all different types of Operating systems--except Mac--I don't use Mac....

Try to un-install the driver for the U600, before you install the software...(unistall both if you need to) clean the pc and try again-don't plug in the U600 till you have download the software.

windows and The software use 2 different drivers...

If you need to get ahold of me over the weekend--might be faster, just to PM me..

Hope this helps
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

• Daniel  Robino Daniel Robino Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I just tried my u602 first item today. 4g was not clickable in the admin screen and 3G wouldn't connect. Eventually, after failing to connect to 3G, it asked me if it should reset. After reset to factory settings, everything worked, including 4g. I am not using any software on the laptop. I couldn't find in the online manual how to initiate a reset on demand.
    So with a reset, your able to use 4g on the U600?

@Daniel, your solution is exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately my 3G still works, so no "reset" for me. Hope I can turn off 3G and been asked to reset. Still trying ..
    Finally figured out how to: (1) nothing to do with Sprint Smartview software. (2) if you don't have 3G/4G connection like @Daniel, 192.168.14.1 may ask you to reset and you done. (3) if you have 3G connection but 4G "Radio off" like me, do this -- (a) connect U602 to PC with 3G on, (b) go to 192.168.14.1 and log in (password= admin) (c) go to "Setting" -> "advanced setting" -> "updates" -> "Software Update", (d) click on "download" and you will download a file named "SPRINT-U602-WebCM-v1.0-B941.main.tar" 6.91MB , (e) under same ""Software Update", "Update software to device" click on "Browse" and select the downloaded file, it will update whole 192.168.14.1 to new interface and -- 4G TURNS ON! Enjoy (my speedtest down speed is 12Mpbs now)
  • Erik YedwabErik Yedwab Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried the sprint software, it is not even able to connect to my device. It just spins and never connects. I let it go for about 20 minutes, and never connected. I tried it with wifi on and off, with the device connected, and not connected, nothing seems to work. I'd love to try resetting the device, but that is not seeming to be an option. I tried upgrading the firmware, but it tells me no firmware available. Very frustrating.