Hot Spot not working, again....

Bryan WylandBryan Wyland Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
So during the free trial of premier, the Hot Spot feature was intermittent at first; but then started working fine.

No I have just the hot Spot service (not the premier package) and it's not working again!!! >:(

I have rebooted the phone countless times; updated the FP service, ??? Is there a Fix???

I can surf on the phone just fine, when I turn on the hot spot I get:
Unable to establish a wireless data connection:
LTE: ESM-33 EMM-x

close that and I get you are not subscribed to the service

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bryan Wyland
    is it possible you used you first 1gb of data if your on unlimited?

how is the 4g in your area?

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

take a peek at data

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Bryan WylandBryan Wyland Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Haven't used any data yet, 4G coverage is good. At home is 3Md/5Mu & work its 10/10.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what about the phone?
    have you tried a profile and PRL update

this should fix the issue--if you just started the service plan.

please keep us informed?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

That didn't help, updated both, restarted, still same error messages. I did work a week or so ago ; prior to a new billing cycle. And I just added the hotspot service back on a few days ago... ????
    After you add the Hotspot service they like you to do the profile update on the androids and the ##update# on the Iphones....

What about your 4g, do you notice any fluctuation in the bars? does it say 4g the whole time your trying to connect?

I send a shout out to the admins-maybe they can take a quick peek on there side?

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /
    can you guys take a quick peek

Its stays 4G the whole time; right now I have about 4 bars; yesterday was full...
    and you have Premier service and or you purchased the hotspot service plan?

I sent a shout out to the admins-maybe they will find something on there side?

I have purchased the hotspot plan, and have been charged already.
    Just dbl checking....The admins might find something on the account side

It sounds like you have covered all basis....you have great 4g, you know how to configure your device to use hotspot--You have paid for the service....

have you attempted a tether yet?

Just curious if it will work if you try it with a usb...to a pc?--Just as a test?

How do I USB tether?
    If you have hotspot activated, when you plug your phone into your PC, or laptop--the phone should say something like--Teather/Charge/Storage....just check tether.....

make sure what ever your connecting it to, the Ethernet cable is disconnected. and the wifi is off....

Take a peek at this for full instructions...

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/samsung/galaxy_s/samsung_galaxy_s_ug.pdf

here is a video I found on a different phone

Video is for a freedom phone-Not a s3, but it should show you an example...

hope this helps..

well it appears I can tether my desktop; but I'm fighting with my new laptop. Its win 8.1 and when I connect my S3 it doesn;t do its thing to connect to it (explorer or more). So I'm trying to figure this problem out too.

But for hotspot, last week wifi hotspot was working with the laptop; this week wifi hotspot is not turning on.
    @Bryan Wyland
    so is it possible , its you Laptop? or does it say that the hotspots not working on the phone?

Try uninstalling the device's drivers....Try to connect, till you see the phone on the laptop(if possible)....uninstall the driver--clean the pc and try to connect again..

also sometime, with the windows 8 pc--you can connect the Ethernet, just so it find the phones drivers...

Disconnect the erthernet after it does.--also make sure to restart the laptop if your using windows 8...each-time you connect the usb and it does not work(fast boot, like to play havoc on fail usb attempts)

Actually, the phone (and all my S3's FP or other) recieved I guess a Samsung update a few days ago. Could that have caused the problem?

I can't find the 'hotspot' app, to un/re-install, is that possible?

Factory reset?

????
    I am sorry....I wouldn't know about that--But I do know somebody here that has a s3....let me ask him real quick....

Not sure if that update deletes everything?

It was a differant phone he upgraded...

when you say app? did you have a Hotspot app and did it look like any of these?

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6260/freedompop-app-identification-android-apple-updated-01-29-15/p1

I might need to add a app to my post?

is this the app your talking about? did you check in the phone other app-the ones not used on the home page/screen?

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /
    Is there a way to download this app? I don't see it on the play Store?

what happens if you try and use the phones native tethering....instead of the app?

I have the yellow hotspot 'app', which I think might just be a link to the settings/hotspot on/off switch. Both areas gave the same results.

I was able to usb tether to my desktop. My laptop (win 8.1 out of the box) is a different problem all together, it doesn't recognize any og my S3's (FP or Virgin) like my Win 7 Desktop does. I'll have to trouble shot that seperatly.

I don't know if an admin on here changed something; but I was just able to turn it on a few min ago.
    So you all good to go? or did it only work a few mins ago...

another thing you can try--and sometimes this will work...plug in the phone using the usb to your windows 8...and make sure your also connected via wireless or Ethernet....

when it ask if you want to use as storage, click ok....allow windows to update the driver, or click windows update and have it scan for updates.

At this moment it appears it is working. Tested about 3 different times so far.... fingers crossed.
    Please keep us informed?

Finger still crossed, it's working every time I 'test' it; just hope it works when I actually want to use it!