**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Looking for an update as to when MMS messaging will be available for incoming messages

I understand that the nerds are working on it.

Comments

• Hi @stephen specht thanks for bringing this up! Our team is VERY close to having this available. Just some last minute testing being done right now, so be sure to look for announcement on this soon.

Thanks again for reaching out and I hope that you enjoy your weekend! :)
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JasmineS **** yes! Thanks for updating us!
  • BrassBrass Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I wouldn't of bought my phone if I knew I couldn't participate in MMS What is the release date or month to allow mms with non-freedompop users?
  • BrassBrass Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    When is the expected release date or month for MMS messaging to non-freedompop phones?
  • pikenpiken Posts: 124FreedomPop Newbie
    MMS - any update?
  • Paul OkrzesikPaul Okrzesik Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Well FP JasmineS said back in Feb2015 that tests were to be done. Since we all still have not heard anything, I guess the tests failed and we will not be getting MMS any time soon. I really wish FP made this disclosure and I knew this before I purchased my phone and service. Even though it is still a good deal without MMS, FP has generated much ill-will towards themselves. The dozen or so people I told about my deal with FP said they would never do business with FP. My phone came in a week before 2 of my children went on a 2 week vacation. They texted pictures to my wife every day but I was not able to get them :anguished:
    Since Google Hangouts works (and my Nexus 5 is a google phone), I do not understand why FP doesn't use it as the messaging app until they get their stuff in order? That simple move would generate tons of good will to current users who could then proudly tell and sell others.
  • Scott EddyScott Eddy Posts: 42FreedomPop Newbie
    "Hello, and thank you for contacting FreedomPop's email support team!

When the user adds the package of our Premium plus or Phone premier you get the ability to send and receive Picture messages."

So, I added Premium Plus & presto - we can now receive pictures & group messages. I don't believe we can send group messages, but at least we can receive them, now. I sent back a reply to the Helpdesk recommending they add that to the advertised list of features for those packages.