**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Two questions

Sandra SzteinbokSandra Szteinbok FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
#1 What model number is this phone? https://www.freedompop.com/offer/zte2499promo?utm_source=freedompop&utm_medium=forums&utm_term=pocket&utm_campaign=zte2499promo and is it a 4g phone?

#2 I know you don't yet have service in all countries. However, do phones come "unlocked" or can I request unlocking so I can use an overseas SIM?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 What model number is this phone? https://www.freedompop.com/offer/zte2499promo?utm_source=freedompop&utm_medium=forums&utm_term=pocket&utm_campaign=zte2499promo and is it a 4g phone?
    Phone is a ZTE Force N9100
    #2 I know you don't yet have service in all countries. However, do phones come "unlocked" or can I request unlocking so I can use an overseas SIM?
    Phones purchased from Freedompop are locked to Sprint

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Sandra SzteinbokSandra Szteinbok FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Do you know if Sprint will unlock? I heard they do unlock their phones if you're using their service.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    @oopsiedoop I just checked the specs for the ZTE n9100 and the FP version of this phone appears to be a CDMA only phone and there does not appear to be a sim slot. So, it looks like you will not be able to use this phone with an international sim card. Most international carriers are GSM. If you are looking for a phone to use you need to be sure it is GSM compatible.

Yes you can get this phone unlocked but you will only be able to use the unlocked phone on Sprint, Verizon or CDMA compatible MVNO's.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people go with a Iphone 5/ 5s or 5c with freedompop when they want to switch carriers--I only know this from reading it here? Not 100%

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like an unlocked phone, I would recommend the iPhone 4S, 5, 5c, or 5s combined with the R-SIM 9. The 5c and 5s are able to take advantage of the most LTE bands when unlocked.
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 119

Do you know if Sprint will unlock? I heard they do unlock their phones if you're using their service.

FreedomPop is not helping with unlocking phones, so unless you know the previous owner of the phone you will not be able to unlock it (if it can be unlocked).

I've tried a few times to get them to unlock an iPhone 5 purchased from them for international GSM use (still on FreedomPop in US) and they refuse. I've now taken to emailing executives to ask nicely that they figure out a process to do that with Sprint.