**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Attempting to activate Mifi 4082

I purchased a Freedompop branded Mifi 4082 from GearXS.com. I'm attempting to activate it, but I get "Please Enter a valid MAC ID/MEID/ESN. If you are bringing a non FreedomPop device, click here". If I try to activate using BYOD, it tells me the device is already activated.

If I try to connect to the internet, I get redirected to setup3g.freedompop.com, even though the status light is blue and the web interface to the Mifi says that 4G is connected.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jason Wheat
    Is it possible you purchased a used unit? I don't recognize this company as being a retailer of Freedompop(I could be wrong).

Have you tried contacting the retailer you purchased the device from?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jason WheatJason Wheat Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    It's a refurbished unit. Here's the link: http://www.gearxs.com/Free-4G-Wireless-Internet-Nationwide-Hotspot-FreedomPop?filter_name=freedompop

I have no idea what its activation status is.

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jason Wheat GearXS is an authorized retailer of FreedomPop devices. Your device seems to have been pre-activated. If you get redirected to the setup3g page, you will need to call customer service and get the MiFi account deactivated.

If they ask for an address, just simply go to setup3g.freedompop.com/home.htm beforehand and see if you can access the old users details. Then provide it to the phone agent. Otherwise try to explain your situation and you should be fine afterwards.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jason Wheat
    Don't worry about it...We'll just get the admin to fix this for you....No matter what, we'll get you activated and going in no time

@Jorge M. @LolaBee @Javonni_Freedompop @JasmineS /
    can you guys do us a quick favor....seem he purchased a device from GearXS, that might be activated already...can you please check the device for us...

We tried everything, I think we might have even added you to our conversation...

Take a quick peek at our notes

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop