S3 FUBAR

Eun JuEun Ju Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
So, I have had the phone I purchased from FP for about 2 weeks, and it keeps moving towards a downward spiral of suckage.
What can I do to replace it, or can I activate an old phone I have on hand and transfer the number and account to it?

Comments

• @locostar Yes, if you have another phone that is compatible with FreedomPop we can assign it to your account and you can keep your current number. If it is compatible we will need your Mac ID or MEID number.

Here is the BYOD List:

-iPhone 4, 4s, and 5
    -HTC EVO 4g
    -Samsung Galaxy S2, S3 and S4
    -Samsung Galaxy Victory LTE (Make sure to include device's ICCID when activating. Click here for more.)
    -LG Viper 4G LTE
    -Samsung Epic 4G
    -HTC Evo 3D
    -Samsung Nexus S
    -Motorola Photon 4G
    -HTC Evo Shift
    -HTC Evo Design

Thanks,

J
    Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Javonni_Freedompop is correct, you can replace your device with BYOD if need be. If you do not have the exact same device model then it will cost $19.99 to replace.

More BYOD Devices are available. If you would like to know more, please check out the official BYOD thread for this info.
  • Eun JuEun Ju Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    OK...so I paid $200 for a phone that lasted me 2 weeks or so, and I have to pay to have another one activated? Can i get my $200 back?
    @Ali @Javonni_Freedompop
    OK...so I paid $200 for a phone that lasted me 2 weeks or so, and I have to pay to have another one activated? Can i get my $200 back?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @locostar /
    did you purchase the phone from Freedompop? You could return the device and or get credit to purchase another? Have you chatted with Customer service? I am sure the admin in this post could hook you up with the detail too. I have the details for a RMA? if it comes to this?

Worst case you have to purchase a device yourself and BYOD it....

take a peek at this post I created--has all the BYOD device...

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6319/freedompops-supported-byod-list-sprint-apple-devices-dated-2-12-2015/p1

I try to keep this updated...

If you'd like, we already have a PM going--when we chatted about freedom friends-hit me up there..I might be able to help you fine tune your S3. I know a few tricks...

a good starting point--and this is just a reference post...but it helps you get familiar with the messaging app...take a peek.

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/new-android-apps-update-15-07-227-0128-updated-01-29-15-tips-and-tricks#latest

make sure to read the whole post--lots of people left ideas..

hit me up if you have any further questions...I am sure we can figure out a solution that keeps you here on Freedompop...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5 ...As always, thanks, without a doubt I will stay with FreedomPop. I have no issues with BYOD, as I have added my daughters iP5 with ZERO issues. As a matter of fact, I will be transitioning my two other children to FP as soon as their devices come in (also iP5). I firmly believe in FP, and I'm here to stay
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @locostar You can always get a replacement S3 from the RMA department if you're under 30 days of having your S3
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew you was here to stay LOCOSTAR.... :)

hit me up and we'll work on that today....I am sure its nothing major and worse case...I'll give you those RMA instructions

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@Ali How do i go about doing that?
    What is the procedure for returning equipment?
    If you are eligible to return Equipment, please submit an Equipment return request by contacting us at (888) 743-8107. Specify the reason for the return, and include the model and MAC ID and we will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number to accompany your authorized return, which will also tell you where to ship the Equipment.

We cannot accept any return, without a RMA number.

Please pack the Equipment in its original packaging with the original carton contents that we provided you; and include a copy or your FreedomPop purchase receipt or other proof of purchase. All Equipment must be in like-new condition (reasonable wear and tear expected) and include all accessories included in original Equipment package. Refunds, deposit returns and exchanges will only be issued to the purchaser whose name appears on the purchase receipt. Please retain a copy of your purchase receipt for your records.

Once an RMA has been issued, you have 30 days to return the equipment for a refund. The RMA will expire after 30 days. Equipment subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or non-standard wear and tear, is not eligible for our return or exchange programs. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you are responsible for paying all shipping, insurance and any other costs in connection with your return of Equipment for any reason. FreedomPop reserves the right to refuse delivery of any Equipment if you have not paid such costs or FreedomPop may accept delivery and bill you for such costs.

@njfulwider5
    Wife threw away original box...
    @EunJu Lopez
    I'd give them a call anyways..you never know...just tell them the deal...