**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD Activation error - Sprint Financial Eligibility Check

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 191 admin
edited February 2015 in News and Updates #1
Sorry folks, due to a recent system implementation on behalf of Sprint, some of you may have trouble activating your presumably eligible devices. Though this comes as a major inconvenience to both loyal and potential customers, we assure you that a solution is underway to help make this process as seamless as possible.

If you have been unable to activate your eligible* Sprint device through our BYOD activation page, please see if any of the following applies to you:

I purchased my device from Sprint on a post-paid account:

If you purchased your device from Sprint (post-paid) and have an outstanding balance with them. You will need to contact Sprint to pay your outstanding balance prior to activating your device with us. CONTACT SPRINT

I purchased a prepaid device from a prepaid carrier:

If you purchased your device from a pre-paid carrier, the device needs to be active with that carrier for 12 months before the carrier is required to release device for BYOD activation. Some will release your device automatically, others will require you to contact their support team. CONTACT PREVIOUS CARRIER

I purchased my device from a 3rd party

If you purchased your device from a 3rd party such as a person or 3rd party vendor (Amazon, eBay, etc - not direct from Sprint or carrier), only the original owner can resolve the outstanding balance with Sprint. We advise you contact the vendor (or individual) who sold you the device for return/refund. CONTACT VENDOR

If you are having trouble with your BYOD activation and do not fall under the above categories, please checkout our BYOD requirements list here.

We appreciate your patience as we work to get this resolved!

Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• LOQUiANTiQUUSLOQUiANTiQUUS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

I purchased a prepaid device from a prepaid carrier:

If you purchased your deice from a pre-paid carrier, the device needs to be active with that carrier for 12 months before the carrier is required to release device for BYOD activation. Some will release your device automatically, others will require you to contact their support team. CONTACT PREVIOUS CARRIER

So, what should we tell the support team of the previous carrier (I bought a Sprint prepaid phone), that we need the phone to be "released"? Thanks.

• Miguel S.Miguel S. Posts: 364FP Flyer admin
    Let them know you are looking to BYOD your device on another MVNO and would like your device to be released.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @LOQUiANTiQUUS if you can, wait a few days, it may be cleared thanks to the many complaints Sprint must be receiving. Their response to me was go to a Sprint store and get them to do the msl number programing. But according to TING customers and other sources that does not work in every case! I am currently awaiting on a TING solution. I called them after verifying with Sprint that my phone was clear. I used to have the phone in question with TING this past Nov/Dec. so they know it was good recently. The TING CSR stated they would send a query and resolution communication request to Sprint on my behalf. I will post here the results of that and perhaps that will help. Of course by the time Sprint responds to Ting and Ting to me the whole problem could, I repeat could be over! I'll post back!
    So, I suppose I have to be a Sprint customer with a phone number before I can do this, right?
    Okay. I'm having difficulty getting this device unlocked, as no one I've contacted said they are able to unlock it. Customer service said to contact a corporate store near me (the rep gave me non-corporate store contact numbers at first). I then called the "actual" corporate store and they claimed they couldn't unlock the phone (HTC Desire 510 Sprint prepaid). This is outlandish.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Otherwise, I'll have to look elsewhere.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    All I can tell you is perhaps, if you can and are willing to go to a physical store! Or you might want to wait if you can until this is resolved. I have not received a response from TIng from Sprint so thats all I got. Perhaps @ an admin for assistance!
  • Adam NibeckAdam Nibeck Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    Will this tell you if its a device elegebility problem? Or just give an Oh Snap message?

All I can tell you is perhaps, if you can and are willing to go to a physical store! Or you might want to wait if you can until this is resolved. I have not received a response from TIng from Sprint so thats all I got. Perhaps @ an admin for assistance!

I was, I am willing! But, I called the stores and Sprint and both claimed they themselves cannot unlock this phone! So, I am at a loss with Sprint.

I could wait a couple of more days (for a return for and refund at Best Buy) to see if FreedomPop can change something on their end. But, I do not have much time for that.
    @MA_II Lopez freedompop said they were going to add the device to their data base, manually. They dont have an estimated time yet, but normally takes 24-48 hours
  •          Samsung S3 Samsung S3 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I call in today and get my HTC desire 510 add to my account. It's on waiting list for 24 hours activation
  • FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 191 admin
    @LOQUiANTiQUUS We're really sorry to hear about your trouble, unfortunately can't provide a timeline for a resolution on this issue since the hold is on Sprint's end. If you would like to keep an eye out for more details, we'll be updating this post as more information becomes available.
  • Bruce SheafferBruce Sheaffer Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I activated a Sprint iPhone 4 over the weekend and can only get 1x data. I have done the following:

1. Used the restore and update feature in itunes to erase and restore the phone.
    2. Reset and erased the iPhone in Settings.
    3. Reset Network Connections in settings.
    4. Updated profile by dialing ##UPDATE# in the native phone app. The update was successful.
    5. Cleared the phone settings by using ##CLEAR# and then updating the profile using ##UPDATE#. The update was successful.
    6. I have done steps 4 & 5 with and without WiFi on.

The iPhone will occasionally show Sprint 3G, usually after restarting or turning on the phone or sometimes after updating the profile. The 3G will go away once I try to load a webpage, it drops to 1x. I can slowly load webpages using the 1x connection. The FreedomPop app works fine on WiFi but is very slow on phone data since it will only connect at 1x speeds. This makes voice calls very difficult when off WiFi. Is there something FreedomPop needs to provision on their end so I can access 3G data? I have a post-paid 3G Sprint phone as well so I know I'm in a 3G reception area. I am under the Pro 500 MB (4G/3G) plan.
    @FreedomPop i was told by your facebook team that it will indeed activate my galaxy mega, but it can take some time. They said monday by the latest because ive already been waiting 3 days. And i NEED my phone. Hahaha!
  • jrcmannjrcmann Posts: 43FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got my iPad replaced by Apple (imei is clean with Sprint) and I still can't activate it. Do you think this will be corrected in a few days?
  • FreedomPop UserFreedomPop User Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

I call in today and get my HTC desire 510 add to my account. It's on waiting list for 24 hours activation

Hi, Vic, did FreedomPop manage to register your HTC Desire 510?
    @jrcmann i'm sorry you are experiencing these issues. Let me help you out here. In order for your tablet to most likely be added to freedompop, You need to call. Get to technical support. They will take your information and will add you to their data server. This can take many days. Just be sure you are keeping up with the byod page everyday. Keep trying to activate it once a day. @FreedomPop User it will take more than 24 hours.
  •          Samsung S3 Samsung S3 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Nope, It's failed to activate.
    @Vic Kitchaiya what failed? the ipad? Every device wont activate at the moment.
  • jrcmannjrcmann Posts: 43FreedomPop Newbie
    @fallinghat Thanks for the help. I called and gave them my imei. They said to call back in 24hrs to have it manually put into the system. Does that make any sense? I guess there is confusion on if the iPad Air can be activated. We will see.
    @jrcmann that is not the case. It will take way longer, its been 4 days and counting for me. And im without a phone!
  • FreedomPop UserFreedomPop User Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

Nope, It's failed to activate.

Oh, snaps. I'll look for a different phone then.
  • Tonya JohnsonTonya Johnson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I am about to purchase a phone and want to know before I throw out all this money. Can I buy a NEW Sprint iPhone 5c on Swappa and bring it here for Freedom Pop? This was my plan, but I want to make sure it will work.
    @Vic Kitchaiya wait. It will cost up
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bruce Sheaffer Please do an iTunes restore. Also if possible try to obtain a new SIM Card as in my experience the same thing happened when I used a SIMGLW206R cut down to Nano-SIM specifications.
This discussion has been closed.