How do I fix my phone stuck in loop?

Abel GutierrezAbel Gutierrez Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
I attempted instructions on how to stop the update notification by using this guide.

My phone is now stuck in a loop with the message: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped. OK"

How can I fix it? I can't do anything with the phone because the message comes back immediately after you press ok.

I tried to connect it to Kies but I get an error message from kies saying:
Failed to connect the device. Disonnect and reconnect the cable. Connection or use may be restricted if device access (including writing) is prohibited by your computer's security program, or for any other reason.

Best Answers

Answers

• Abel GutierrezAbel Gutierrez Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you. I will try the factory reset now.

Another question: Where can I get a ROM that works well? What is suggested? I need something reliable because this phone belongs to my mother who is not tech savvy. The less maintenance, the better.

Will I lose all of her contacts? Is there a way I can back up those (Samsung kies doesn't work. Don't know why) for her? I did the backup/restore in the recovery system. Maybe they will be saved there somehow?
    Reporting after Factory Reset: The phone doesn't turn on now. The screen is black and there blue L.E.D. is on. When I hold the power button, it just reboots back to the same black screen and blue light. I tried the factory reset again, and it's still stuck. What can I do now?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @adobo
    Usually a factory reset will fix a boot-loop situation. I am sorry that is not working.

@Adolfo Galvan Will wiping cache in recovery help?

If the phone was acquired from FreedomPop and is within the 90 warranty period, I would suggest contacting a forum admin or customer service to request an RMA to replace it. If purchased from another vendor, check with that vendor. If outside of warranty, you may need to have the rom reflashed by a phone repair service.

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    @adabo I hope that you backed it up...

Take out the battery. Press the Vol Up, Home, and power at the same time. Does recovery come back up? If it does, try rebooting it again.

@djinks Answered in other thread. Wiping cache partition will not help.
    @Adolfo Galvan I could not back it up.
    @Adolfo Galvan Yes, recovery comes up. No, it doesn't fully reboot. Hangs on black screen with blue LED, right after FreedomPop logo and jingle goes away.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    adabo said:

@Adolfo Galvan Yes, recovery comes up. No, it doesn't fully reboot. Hangs on black screen with blue LED, right after FreedomPop logo and jingle goes away.

If it comes up in recovery, all is not lost. But you might have to install another ROM.

Download: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/58505/cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-d2spr.zip

And: http://itvends.com/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

And copy to the root of the sdcard

Go to recovery>Install Zip>Install from External sdcard> and select cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-d2spr.zip

Then do the same for gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

Reboot. You should not have the update nag anymore!
    @Adolfo Galvan Ok. I will try it. It's my last resort before RMA. I'll report back with results, thanks :)
    @Adolfo Galvan It didn't work. I couldn't instal the cm zip. I tried with 2 different SD cards. I formatted them first, then copied to the root. Here's the result:

@Adolfo Galvan Same error: "Error in /storage/sdcard1/cm-10.2.1-d2spr.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted."
    @adabo What is the exact model number of the phone...I may be giving you the wrong file.
    Model: SPH-L710
    What other information about the phone do you need? Well, I wouldn't know how to get it for you anyway, except the IMEI, but I'm not supposed to post that here. I have serial number and FCC ID as well if you need.
    @Adolfo Galvan Alright. It took the update. I rebooted and it says "CYANOGENMOD". I'm currently setting up the google account information.

What do I need to do after that to get freedompop working?

Also, thank you very very much for your support, Adolfo. This will be a big victory if we can get this phone working again. Also, I would like to know if I can do the same update to my other Galaxy S3. I'm pretty sure it's identical, I got them both at the same time when I sign up for freedompop. I'll check the model to be sure.
    @Moderator, As you can see I incorrectly marked 3 posts as the answer. Please edit this thread with the only correct answer being the post from Adolfo Galvan that says:
    Lets try this again:

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/101520/cm-11-20150222-NIGHTLY-d2lte.zip

and

http://itvends.com/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

It may be checking for d2lte and not d2spr.
    As that is the one that worked for my phone and model. Thanks
    adabo said:

What do I need to do after that to get freedompop working?

You need to just lookup FreedomPop and download the messaging and my FreedomPop apps. The Messaging app should auto configure. Yes you can do this to the other phone. You can download updates anytime you want from here:

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2lte
    Thank you very much. I believe we can this issue "solved".
    @Adolfo Galvan The 2nd phone I put CM11 on is now excessively draining my battery (within 2-3 hours) sitting at idle. Any idea why? It says "Screen" at about 75% on the battery usage even though it's not in use (locked).
    adabo said:

@Adolfo Galvan The 2nd phone I put CM11 on is now excessively draining my battery (within 2-3 hours) sitting at idle. Any idea why? It says "Screen" at about 75% on the battery usage even though it's not in use (locked).

In a dark room, can you see if there is glow of the screen. There may be an app keeping the screen on, but black.